Tel: +44-331-0066, Fax: +44-331-0080
Alcohol consumption and PSA-detected prostate cancer risk—A case-control nested in the ProtecT study
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 132, Issue 9, pages 2176–2185, 1 May 2013
How to Cite
Zuccolo, L., Lewis, S. J., Donovan, J. L., Hamdy, F. C., Neal, D. E. and Smith, G. D. (2013), Alcohol consumption and PSA-detected prostate cancer risk—A case-control nested in the ProtecT study. Int. J. Cancer, 132: 2176–2185. doi: 10.1002/ijc.27877
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 OCT 2012 01:12AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2011
- National Cancer Research Institute
- UK National Institute of Health Research Health Technology Assessment (NIHR HTA). Grant Number: 96/20/06, 96/20/99
- UK MRC Special Training Fellowship. Grant Number: G0501864/76656
- 2American Institute for Cancer Research and World Cancer Research Fund. Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Washington DC: AICR, 2007.
- 5World Cancer Research Fund and American Institute for Cancer Research. Systematic literature review on diet and prostate cancer: alcoholic beverages. In: Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Second Expert Report. Washington DC: AICR, 2007. 397–447.
- 16The Veteran's Administration Cooperative Urologic Research Group. Histologic grading and clinical staging of prostatic carcinoma. In: Tannenbaum M, ed. Urologic pathology: the prostate. Philadelphia: Lea and Febiger, 1977. 171–98 p.,
- 19Ethnic differences in diet and associations with clinical markers of prostate disease in New Zealand men. Anticancer Res 2004; 24: 2551–6., , , et al.
- 21Associations of lower urinary tract symptoms with prostate-specific antigen levels, and screen-detected localized and advanced prostate cancer: a case-control study nested within the UK population-based ProtecT (Prostate testing for cancer and Treatment) study. BJU Int 2008; 102: 1400–6., , , et al.
- 22Mechanisms in prostate damage by alcohol. In: Watson RR, Preedy VR, eds. Comprehensive handbook of alcohol related pathology, vol. 2. London: Academic Press, 2005. 1007–15 p., .
- 23World Health Organization. Environmental Health Criteria (No. 167): Acetaldehyde. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization (WHO), 2010.
- 31International Agency for Cancer Research. IARC monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans. Report No.: 83:Tobacco smoke and involuntary smoking. Lyon, France: International Agency for Cancer Research; 2004.