Early Detection and Diagnosis
Optimal age to start preventive measures in women with BRCA1/2 mutations or high familial breast cancer risk
Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 133, Issue 1, pages 156–163, July 2013
How to Cite
Tilanus-Linthorst, M. M.A., Lingsma, H. F., Evans, D. G., Thompson, D., Kaas, R., Manders, P., van Asperen, C. J., Adank, M., Hooning, M. J., Kwan Lim, G. E., Eeles, R., Oosterwijk, J. C., Leach, M. O. and Steyerberg, E. W. (2013), Optimal age to start preventive measures in women with BRCA1/2 mutations or high familial breast cancer risk. Int. J. Cancer, 133: 156–163. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28014
- Issue online: 22 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 JAN 2013 12:55AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 AUG 2012
- ZonMw . Grant Number: 6200.0005
- The Cancer Genomics Center, The Netherlands
- The UK Medical Research Council . Grant Number: G960413
- The UK National Health Service, Cancer Research, UK, The Yorkshire Cancer Research Campaign, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre, The CRUK, EPSRC Cancer Imaging Centre
- Department of Health (England) . Grant Number: C1060/A10334
- Biomedical Research Centre, Manchester
- 12NAtionaal Borstkanker Overleg Nederland: Richtlijn mammacarcinoom 2008. Available at http://www.cbo.nl.
- 13NICE guideline: Familial breast cancer: the classification and care of women at risk of familial breast cancer in primary, secondary and tertiary care National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Clinical guidelines CG41. Issued: October 2006 updated from original comprehensive guidance CG14 June 2004. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/CG41.
- 14Breast cancer screening with imaging: recommendations from the Society of Breast Imaging and the ACR on the use of mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound and other technologies for the use of clinically occult breast cancer. J Am Coll Radiol 2010;7:18–27., , , et al.
- 19Comparisons of software packages for generalized linear multilevel models. Am Stat 1999;53:282–90., , .
- 23UK Study of MRI Screening for Breast Cancer in Women at High Risk (MARIBS). Eligibility for magnetic resonance imaging screening in the United Kingdom: effect of strict selection criteria and anonymous testing on breast cancer incidence in the MARIBS study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2009;18:2123–31., , , et al.
- 29A family history of breast cancer will not predict female early onset breast cancer in a population-based setting. Biomed Chromatogr Cancer 2008;8:203., , , et al.