Country of origin, age at migration and risk of cutaneous melanoma: A migrant cohort study of 1,100,000 Israeli men
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 133, Issue 2, pages 486–494, 15 July 2013
How to Cite
Levine, H., Afek, A., Shamiss, A., Derazne, E., Tzur, D., Astman, N., Keinan-Boker, L., Mimouni, D. and Kark, J. D. (2013), Country of origin, age at migration and risk of cutaneous melanoma: A migrant cohort study of 1,100,000 Israeli men. Int. J. Cancer, 133: 486–494. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28031
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 JAN 2013 01:21AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2012
- Israel Cancer Research Fund
Vol. 134, Issue 4, E2, Article first published online: 9 DEC 2013
- 3Cutaneous melanoma. In: Goldsmith LA, Katz SI, Gilchrest BA, Paller AS, Leffell DJ, Wolff K, eds. Fitzpatrick's dermatology in general medicine. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2012. 1416–44., , , et al.
- 10Rosen B, Merkur S, eds. Israel: health system review. In: Health systems in transition, vol. 11(2). 2009. 1–226.
- 12Malignant melanoma of the skin in Israel: effect of migration. In: Magnus K, ed. Trends in cancer incidence, causes and practical implications. New York: Hemisphere, 1982. 419–26., , .
- 13Steinitz R, Parkin DM, Young JL, et al., eds. Cancer incidence in Jewish migrants to Israel, 1961–1981. IARC Scientific Publications 98, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, 1989.
- 17Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Characterization and Classification of Local Authorities by the Socio-Economic Level of the Population. Jerusalem, Israel: Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, 2006.
- 18The risk of cancer in 3 generations of young Israelis: a study of migrants and their descendants. IARC Technical Report 27, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France, 1998., .
- 19Israel National Cancer Registry. Available at: www.health.gov.il/incr. Accessed on 2 December 2012.
- 20World Health Organization, IARC, Globocan 2008. Available at: http://globocan.iarc.fr/. Accessed on 2 December 2012.
- 27on behalf of the U.S. preventive services task force. Behavioral counseling to prevent skin cancer: U.S. preventive services task force recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med 2012;157:1–8.,
- 28American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figure 2011. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2011. Available at: www.cancer.org/Research/CancerFactsFigures/CancerFactsFigures/cancer-facts-figures-2011. Accessed on 4 August 2012.
- 29Community Preventive Services Task Force. Preventing Skin Cancer: Education & Policy. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2011. Available at: www.thecommunityguide.org/cancer/skin/education-policy/index.html. Accessed on 4 August 2012.
- 31Israel National Cancer Registry, Israel Center for Disease Control. Invasive skin melanoma: an update of morbidity and mortality data; 2012. Available at: http://www.cancer.org.il/template/default.aspx?PageId=7990. Accessed on 27 September 2012.