Conflict of interest: Heini Salo, Tuija Leino, Terhi Kilpi, Pekka Nieminen, were members of the National Expert Group on HPV Related Disease Prevention. Terhi Kilpi is principal investigator of a nationwide effectiveness study of the ten-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine mainly funded by GlaxoSmithKline. Matti Lehtinen has received grants for HPV vaccination studies through his employer University of Tampere, Finland from Merck&Co. Inc and GSK Biologicals. Pekka Nieminen has been a medical consultant for GlaxoSmithKline Ltd. and Sanofi-Pasteur MSD Ltd.
The burden and costs of prevention and management of genital disease caused by HPV in women: A population-based registry study in Finland
Version of Record online: 5 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 133, Issue 6, pages 1459–1469, 15 September 2013
How to Cite
Salo, H., Leino, T., Kilpi, T., Auranen, K., Tiihonen, P., Lehtinen, M., Vänskä, S., Linna, M. and Nieminen, P. (2013), The burden and costs of prevention and management of genital disease caused by HPV in women: A population-based registry study in Finland. Int. J. Cancer, 133: 1459–1469. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28145
- Issue online: 8 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 MAR 2013 10:35PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2012
- 15Cervical cancer incidence in Finland. NORDCAN: Cancer incidence, mortality, prevalence and survival in the Nordic countries Association of the Nordic Cancer Registries. 2012. Available from: http://www.ancr.nu.
- 16Hujanen T, Kapiainen S, Tuominen U, et al, eds. Terveydenhuollon yksikkökustannukset Suomessa vuonna 2006, Helsinki: National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health (STAKES), 2008.
- 22Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Recommendations on the use of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in males-advisory committee on immunization practices (ACIP), 2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2011;60:1705–8.