Conflict of interest: Nothing to report
Survival among adolescents and young adults with cancer in Germany and the United States: An international comparison
Version of Record online: 24 JUN 2013
© 2013 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 133, Issue 9, pages 2207–2215, November 2013
How to Cite
Gondos, A., Hiripi, E., Holleczek, B., Luttmann, S., Eberle, A., Brenner, H. and the GEKID Cancer Survival Working Group (2013), Survival among adolescents and young adults with cancer in Germany and the United States: An international comparison. Int. J. Cancer, 133: 2207–2215. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28231
Members of the GEKID Cancer Survival Working Group: Karla Geiss, Martin Meyer (Cancer Registry of Bavaria), Andrea Eberle, Sabine Luttmann (Cancer Registry of Bremen), Roland Stabenow (Cancer Registry of Berlin and the New Federal States), N. N. (Cancer Registry of Hamburg), Joachim Kieschke, Eunice Sirri (Cancer Registry of Lower Saxony), Bernd Holleczek (Cancer Registry of Saarland), Katharina Emrich (Cancer Registry of Rhineland Palatinate), Volkmar Mattauch (Cancer Registry of North Rhine-Westphalia), Alexander Katalinic (Cancer Registry of Schleswig-Holstein), Klaus Kraywinkel (Robert Koch Institute, Berlin) and Hermann Brenner, Adam Gondos and Eva Hiripi (German Cancer Research Center)
- Issue online: 20 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 APR 2013 04:40PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 OCT 2012
- German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe). Grant Number: 108257
- 4Cancer epidemiology in older adolescents and young adults 15 to 29 years of age, including SEER incidence and survival: 1975-2000. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 2006., , , et al., eds.
- 6Highlights and challenges. In: Bleyer A, O'Leary M, Barr R, et al., eds. Cancer Epidemiology in Older Adolescents and Young Adults 15 to 29 Years of Age, Including SEER Incidence and Survival: 1975-2000. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 2006, Chapter 15, pp. 173–189., .
- 7Latest estimates of survival rates of the 24 most common cancers in adolescent and young adult Americans. J Adol Young Adult Oncol 2011;1:37–42..
- 11SEER Program. 2012. SEER original AYA Site Recode. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/ayarecode/ayarecode-orig.html. Accessed on May 14, 2013.
- 17National Cancer Institute, SEER Program. 2011. Section 32: Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer by Site. Incidence, Survival and Mortality. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2007/results_merged/sect_32_aya.pdf.