Trends in the incidence of cancer in Kampala, Uganda 1991–2010
Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2014
© 2013 UICC
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 135, Issue 2, pages 432–439, 15 July 2014
How to Cite
Wabinga, H. R., Nambooze, S., Amulen, P. M., Okello, C., Mbus, L. and Parkin, D. M. (2014), Trends in the incidence of cancer in Kampala, Uganda 1991–2010. Int. J. Cancer, 135: 432–439. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28661
- Issue online: 8 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 DEC 2013 01:23AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 OCT 2013
- 4Percy C, Van Holten V, Muir C, eds. International classification of diseases for oncology, 2nd edn. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1990.
- 5World Health Organization. International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems, 10th Revision. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1992.
- 6Comparison between registries: age-standardized rates. In: Waterhouse JAH, Muir CS, eds. Cancer incidence in five continents, vol. IV. Lyon: IARC Scientific Publication No. 42, 1982. 671–5.,
- 8Parkin DM, Whelan SL, Ferlay J, Raymond L, Young J, eds. Cancer incidence in five continents, vol. VII. Lyon: IARC Scientific Publication No 143, The International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1997.
- 9Parkin DM, Whelan SL, Ferlay J, eds. Cancer incidence in five continents, vol. VIII. Lyon: IARC Scientific Publications No. 155, 2002.
- 10Curado MP, Edwards B, Shin HR, Storm H, Ferlay J, Heanue M, Boyle P, eds. Cancer incidence in five continents, vol. IX. Lyon: IARC Scientific Publications No. 160, 2007.
- 11World Health Organization. Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2010. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2011. Available at: http://www.who.int/nmh/publications/ncd_report2010/en/, accessed on October 8, 2013.
- 12GLOBOCAN 2012 v1.0, Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide: IARC CancerBase No. 11 [Internet]. Lyon, France: IARC; 2013. Available from: http://globocan.iarc.fr, accessed on December 12, 2013., , , , , , , , , Bray F.
- 15Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) and ICF International Inc. 2012. Uganda Demographic and Health Survey 2011. Kampala, Uganda: UBOS and Calverton, Maryland: ICF International Inc. Available at http://www.measuredhs.com/publications/publication-fr264-dhs-final-reports.cfm, accessed on October 8, 2013.
- 17Uganda Demographic Household Survey. Uganda: Uganda Bureau of Statistics, 2006.
- 18The Uganda Global Youth Tobacco Survey Report (2008)—Tobacco Control Policy Implications. Brazzaville 2008. Available at : http://www.who.int/tobacco/surveillance/Uganda__Brazzaville08.pdf, accessed on October 8, 2013..
- 25UNAIDS. Regions and countries: Uganda. Available at: http://www.unaids.org/en/regionscountries/countries/uganda/, accessed on October 8, 2013.
- 26Ministry of Health, Uganda. 2011 Uganda AIDS Indicator Survey (UAIS). Available at: http://www.health.go.ug/docs/UAIS_2011_FACT_SHEET.pdf, accessed on October 8, 2013.
- 29The Uganda Women's Health Initiative: Current Projects. Available at: http://www.uwhi.org/?page_id=27, accessed on October 8, 2013.
- 31Uganda AIDS Commission. Global AIDS response progress report. Country Report, Uganda. April 2012. Available at: http://www.unaids.org/en/dataanalysis/knowyourresponse/countryprogressreports/2012countries/ce_UG_Narrative_Report.pdf], accessed on October 8, 2013.