Melanoma incidence trends and survival in adolescents and young adults in Queensland, Australia
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of UIC
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 136, Issue 3, pages 603–609, 1 February 2015
How to Cite
Iannacone, M. R., Youlden, D. R., Baade, P. D., Aitken, J. F. and Green, A. C. (2015), Melanoma incidence trends and survival in adolescents and young adults in Queensland, Australia. Int. J. Cancer, 136: 603–609. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28956
- Issue online: 12 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 MAY 2014 01:02AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 3 FEB 2014
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia (NHMRC) Program . Grant Number: 552429
- NHMRC Career Development Fellowship . Grant Number: ID1005334
- 2.Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australian Cancer Incidence and Mortality (ACIM) books. Available at: http://www.aihw.gov.au/acim-books/ (Accessed 8 April 2014).
- 9Australian Institute of Health & Welfare. Cancer in Australia, 2001. AIHW Cat No CAN18. Canberra: AIHW, 2004.
- 15Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Demographic Statistics, Dec 2011: 2011 census edition—preliminary. Australia: ABS, 2012.
- 16Age standardization of rates: a new WHO standard. GPE Discussion Paper Series No 31. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2001., , , et al.
- 20Australian Bureau of Statistics, Deaths, Australia, 2011. Australia: ABS, 2012.
- 22ONS (2013) Cancer Registration Statistics, England, 2011. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v2.0. Available at: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/datasets-and-tables/index.html?pageSize=50&sortBy=none&sortDirection=none&newquery=melanoma&content-type=Reference+table&content-type=Dataset (Accessed 8 April 2014).
- 23http://www.ancr.nu (Accessed 8 April 2014)., , , et al. NORDCAN: cancer incidence, mortality, prevalence and survival in the Nordic Countries, version 6.0 (04.12.2013). Association of the Nordic Cancer Registries, Danish Cancer Society. Available at:
- 25Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Cancer Australia & Australasian Association of CancerRegistries. Cancer survival and prevalence in Australia: cancers diagnosed from 1982 to 2004.Cancer Series no. 42. Cat. no. CAN 38. Canberra: AIHW, 2008.
- 26Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program (www.seer.cancer.gove). Cancer Statistics Review 1975–2010. 5-Year relative survival for the top 5 cancer sites by age, all races, both sexes. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2010/browse_csr.php?sectionSEL=32&pageSEL=sect_32_table.20.html (Accessed 8 April 2014).
- 29Towards skin cancer prevention and early detection: evolution of skin cancer awareness campaigns in Australia. Melanoma Manage, in press., .
- 38Queensland Caner Registry, Cancer Council Queensland, Queensland Health. Cancer in Queensland, 1982–2011. Brisbane: CCQ, 2013.