Nils Bergman is now a Consulting Public Health Physician. This research was aided by a Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada grant to Ann E. Bigelow. Gratitude is expressed to the infants and mothers who participated in the study, to Michelle Power, Laura Walden, and Elyse Boudreau for their research assistance, and to Jennifer Sullivan for her statistical advice.
The relation between early mother–infant skin-to-skin contact and later maternal sensitivity in South African mothers of low birth weight infants†
Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health
Infant Mental Health Journal
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 358–377, May/June 2010
How to Cite
Bigelow, A. E., Littlejohn, M., Bergman, N. and McDonald, C. (2010), The relation between early mother–infant skin-to-skin contact and later maternal sensitivity in South African mothers of low birth weight infants. Infant Ment. Health J., 31: 358–377. doi: 10.1002/imhj.20260
- Issue online: 4 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!