This research was aided by a grant from the Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation. Gratitude is expressed to the mothers and infants who participated in the study; to Judith Cormier, Ann Marie Murdock, Penny Fuller, Terry Penny, Magdy Fouad, Kim MacLean, and Clare Fawcett, who were contributors to the research project; to Nils Bergman, Gene Anderson, and Susan Ludington, who gave their expert advice; and to Jan Hanifen, Gerry Cameron, Rachel MacFarlane, Mena Enxuga, Jennifer Delaney, Yvonne MacDonald, Cynthia Flanagan, Lynne Lukeman, Dale Fewer, Charlene Kennedy-Chisholm, Chow Shim Pang, Laura Walden, and Caitlin Best, who were research assistants. Janis MacLellan-Peters is now at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 1C9 Canada.
BREASTFEEDING, SKIN-TO-SKIN CONTACT, AND MOTHER–INFANT INTERACTIONS OVER INFANTS' FIRST THREE MONTHS
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
© 2013 Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health
Infant Mental Health Journal
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 51–62, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Bigelow, A. E., Power, M., Gillis, D. E., Maclellan-Peters, J., Alex, M. and McDonald, C. (2014), BREASTFEEDING, SKIN-TO-SKIN CONTACT, AND MOTHER–INFANT INTERACTIONS OVER INFANTS' FIRST THREE MONTHS. Infant Ment. Health J., 35: 51–62. doi: 10.1002/imhj.21424
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
- Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!