Associate professor of sociology and education at Syracuse University. He has carried out research and consulted and written extensively in the field of higher education, especially on the issues of inequality, dropout, and the impact of schooling upon adult occupational success.
Defining dropout: A matter of perspective
Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
Copyright © 1982 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
New Directions for Institutional Research
Volume 1982, Issue 36, pages 3–15, December 1982
How to Cite
Tinto, V. (1982), Defining dropout: A matter of perspective. New Directions for Institutional Research, 1982: 3–15. doi: 10.1002/ir.37019823603
- Issue published online: 18 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!