Optimisation de l'eau d'irrigation rendement et qualité des dattes 'Nabbut-Saif' en milieu aride.
OPTIMIZATION OF IRRIGATION WATER USE, YIELD, AND QUALITY OF 'NABBUT-SAIF' DATE PALM UNDER DRY LAND CONDITIONS†
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Irrigation and Drainage
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 29–37, February 2014
How to Cite
Ismail, S. M., Al-Qurashi, A. D. and Awad, M. A. (2014), OPTIMIZATION OF IRRIGATION WATER USE, YIELD, AND QUALITY OF 'NABBUT-SAIF' DATE PALM UNDER DRY LAND CONDITIONS. Irrig. and Drain., 63: 29–37. doi: 10.1002/ird.1823
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JUN 2013
- 2007. Soil, Water and Nutritional Management Of Date Palm Orchard in California Valley and Bard, 4th edn. California Date Commission in Cooperation with USDA, ARS and NRCS: Washington, D.C.; 40 pp. , , , , .
- 2000. Seasonal water use of date palms in the Central region of Saudi Arabia. Agricultural Engineering Journal 9: 51–62. , , .
- 1972. The Date Palm. Ministry of Higher Education: Baghdad, Iraq; 225 pp. .
- 2011. Subsurface drip irrigation for date palm trees to conserve water. Journal of the Saudi Society for Agricultural Sciences 10: 94–120. , .
- 2012. Reference evapotranspiration and date palm water use in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. International Research Journal of Agricultural Science and Soil Science 2: 155–169. , , , .
- 2004. Estimating palm water requirements using Penman–Monteith mathematical model. Journal of King Saud University 16: 137–152. .
- 2000. Estimation of reference evapotranspiration for the south region of Saudi Arabia. Journal of Irrigation Science 19: 81–86. .
- 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology 24: 1–15. .
- 2011. Biochemical changes in fruit of an early and a late date palm cultivar during development and ripening. International Journal of Fruit Science 11: 167–183. , , .
- 1985. Water quality for agriculture. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper No. 29, Rome; 174 pp. , .
- 1993. Date Palm Products. FAO Agricultural Services, Bulletin No. 101, Rome. http://www.fao.org/docrep/ t0681E/ t0681e00.ht, Accessed 15 December 2011. .
- F.A.O. 1977. Publication No. 24, Crop Water Requirements.
- 2010. Improving the Penman–Monteith model of reference evapotaranspiration for arid climates. In Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Meteorology and Sustainable Development, 23–25 March. Egyptian Meteorological Authority, Cairo, Egypt. .
- 1994. Surge Flow TM-irrigation. Call Farms, Layton, Utah. Utah State University, Cooperative Extension Service, Biological and Irrigation Engineering. , .
- 1979. A method for the extraction of chlorophyll from leaf tissue without maceration. Canadian Journal of Botany 57: 1332–1334. , .
- 2004. Effectiveness of surge flow irrigation in Egypt: water use efficiency in field crop production. PhD thesis, Wageningen Agricultural University and UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, the Netherlands. .
- 2006. Effect of tillage on water advancing and distribution under surge and continuous furrow irrigation for cotton in Egypt. Irrigation and Drainage 55: 1–9. .
- 2013. Effect of water distribution patterns on productivity, fruit quality and water use efficiency of Ziziphus jujuba in arid regions under drip irrigation system. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment 11: 373–378. , .
- 2008. Influence of single and multiple water application on yield and water use efficiency in tomato (var. First power). Agricultural Water Management 95: 116–122. , , .
- 2007. Water requirement and crop coefficient of date palm trees 'sukariah CV'. Misr Journal of Agricultural Engineering 24: 339–359. .
- 1983. Date Palms and Pates in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Agricultural Research Department, Ministry of Agriculture and Water: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. , , .
- Kramer PJ (ed.). 1995. Water Relations of Plants and Soils. Academic Press: San Diego.
- 2012. Determination actual evapotranspiration and crop coefficients of date palm trees (Phoenix dactylifera) in the Jordan Valley. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences 12: 434–443. , , , , , .
- 2005. Effects of water use in drip irrigation and surface irrigation methods on yield and vegetative characteristics on date palm. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Mango and Date Palm: Culture and Export, 20–23 June, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan. .
- 1986. Trickle Irrigation for Crop Production. Elsevier Science Publishers: Amsterdam, the Netherlands. , .
- 2006. Effect of green manuring on soil properties and yield of wheat under different soil depths in alfisols under semi-arid conditions in central India. Bulletin of the National Institute of Ecology 17: 31–36. , .
- 2012. Effects of green manures on soil organic matter and wheat yields and N nutrition. Canadian Journal of Soil Science 92: 371–382. , .
- 2005. Crop sequencing to improve use of precipitation and synergize crop growth. Agronomy Journal 97: 385–390. , , .
- 2008. Mechanisms of enhancing photosynthesis gas exchange in date palm seedlings (Phoenix dactylifera L.) by a 5-aminlevulinic acid-based fertilizer under salinity stress. Plant Growth Regulation 27: 1–9. , .