Pain tolerance in children and adolescents: Sex differences and psychosocial influences on pain threshold and endurance
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2012
© 2012 European Federation of International Association for the Study of Pain Chapters
European Journal of Pain
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 124–131, January 2013
How to Cite
Schmitz, A.-K., Vierhaus, M. and Lohaus, A. (2013), Pain tolerance in children and adolescents: Sex differences and psychosocial influences on pain threshold and endurance. European Journal of Pain, 17: 124–131. doi: 10.1002/j.1532-2149.2012.00169.x
This study was supported by a grant from the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) to Arnold Lohaus (Az. Lo 337/15-3). No conflicts of interest exist.
Conflicts of interest
- Issue published online: 11 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 APR 2012
- German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft). Grant Number: Az. Lo 337/15-3
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.