Jim Cummins is a Canada Research Chair in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. His research focuses on literacy development in multilingual school contexts as well as on the potential roles of technology in promoting language and literacy development. In recent years, he has been working actively with teachers to identify ways of increasing the literacy engagement of learners in multilingual school contexts.
Multilingualism in the English-language Classroom: Pedagogical Considerations
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2011
2009 TESOL International Association
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 317–321, June 2009
How to Cite
CUMMINS, J. (2009), Multilingualism in the English-language Classroom: Pedagogical Considerations. TESOL Quarterly, 43: 317–321. doi: 10.1002/j.1545-7249.2009.tb00171.x
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!