Parity-Associated Body Weight: Modification by Sociodemographic and Behavioral Factors
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
1997 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 131–141, March 1997
How to Cite
Wolfe, W. S., Sobal, J., Olson, C. M. and Frongillo, E. A. (1997), Parity-Associated Body Weight: Modification by Sociodemographic and Behavioral Factors. Obesity Research, 5: 131–141. doi: 10.1002/j.1550-8528.1997.tb00653.x
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Accepted for publication August 26, 1996.
- 9IOM (Institute of Medicine). Nutrition During Pregnancy: Weight Gain, Nutrient Supplements. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1990, 468 pp.
- 10Interaction Effects in Multiple Regression. Newbury Park: Sage Publications; 1990., ,
- 12Applied Regression Analysis and Other Multivariate Methods. Boston: PWS-Kent; 1988, pp. 163–180., ,
- 13Maternal Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Determinants and Consequences. NCHS Working Paper Series No. 33. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 1990, 24 pp.
- 19NCHS-National Center for Health Statistics. Anthropometric Reference Data and Prevalence of Overweight: United States, 1976–80. Vital and Health Statistics, Series 11, No. 238. DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 87–1688. Washington, D.C.: Public Health Service; U.S. Government Printing Office; 1987.
- 20NCHS-National Center for Health Statistics. Plan and Operation of the Second National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1976–80. DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 81–1317. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 1981.
- 21Development of body weight during and after pregnancy. In: Bjorntorp P, Rossner S. eds. Obesity in Europe 88. London: John Libbey; 1989; 115–120.,
- 28What happens to retained weight following pregnancy when women have a subsequent pregnancy? Abstracts #PA3E and #C051, Proceedings of the Society of Behavioral Medicine's Sixteenth Annual Scientific Sessions, San Diego CA. Ann of Behav Med. 1995;17(Supple-ment): S063 and S155.,
- 31SUDAAN. Research Triangle Park, NC: Research Triangle Institute; 1989., , , ,
- 33Social aspects of obesity: Influences, consequences, assessments and interventions. In: Dalton S, ed. Overweight and Weight Management. 2nd ed. Gaithersburg, MD: ASPEN; 1997, pp. 289–308.,