The first author would like to acknowledge Timothy Horton for his assistance with this article, for helping gather background research and offering a graduate student's perspective on the content. The second author would like to acknowledge Lisa Thomas and Andrew Vaughn for their perspective and feedback regarding sensitivity to religious beliefs.
Special Section: Professionalism, Ethics, and Value-Based Conflicts in Counseling
Affirmative Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Counselor Education and Religious Beliefs: How Do We Bridge the Gap?
Article first published online: 10 MAR 2014
© 2014 by the American Counseling Association. All rights reserved.
Journal of Counseling & Development
Volume 92, Issue 2, pages 162–169, April 2014
How to Cite
Whitman, J. S. and Bidell, M. P. (2014), Affirmative Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Counselor Education and Religious Beliefs: How Do We Bridge the Gap?. Journal of Counseling & Development, 92: 162–169. doi: 10.1002/j.1556-6676.2014.00144.x
- Issue published online: 10 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 10 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 15 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!