Mouse Epididymal Spam1 (PH-20) Is Released in the Luminal Fluid With its Lipid Anchor
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2003 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 51–58, January-February 2003
How to Cite
Zhang, H. and Martin-Deleon, P. A. (2003), Mouse Epididymal Spam1 (PH-20) Is Released in the Luminal Fluid With its Lipid Anchor. Journal of Andrology, 24: 51–58. doi: 10.1002/j.1939-4640.2003.tb02640.x
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for publication June 11, 2002; accepted for publication August 15, 2002
- Differential expression of clusterin in the testis and epididymis of postnatal and germ cell deficient mice. J Androl. 1996;17: 491–501. , , .
- Guinea pig proacrosin is synthesized principally by round spermatids and contains O-linked as well as N-linked oligosaccharide side chains. Mol Reprod Dev. 1991;29: 172–179. , , , .
- Sonication of mouse sperm membranes reveals distinct protein domains. Biol Reprod. 2002;66: 57–64. , , .
- N-glycans mediate the apical sorting of a GPI-anchored, raft-associated protein in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. J Cell Biol. 1999;146: 313–320. , , .
- Characterization of the glycoconjugates of boar testis and epididymis. J Reprod Fertil. 2000;120; 325–335. , , , , .
- The PH-20 protein in cynomolgus macaque spermatozoa: identification of two different forms exhibiting hyaluronidase activity. Dev Biol. 1996;175: 142–153. , , , , , , .
- The dual functions of GPI-anchored PH-20: hyaluronidase and intracellular signaling. Matrix Biol. 2001;20: 515–525. , , .
- Relationship between the association of rat epididymal protein “DE” with spermatozoa and the behavior and function of the protein. Mol Reprod Dev. 2000;56: 180–188. , , , , , .
- In defense of a function for the human epididymis. Fertil Steril. 1990;54: 965–975. .
- Interactions between epididymal secretions and spermatozoa. J Reprod Fertil Suppl. 1998;53: 119–136. .
- Translational regulation in development. Cell. 1995;81: 171–178. , , .
- Biochemical maturation of Spam1 (PH-20) during epididymal transit of mouse sperm involves modifications of N-linked oligosaccharides. Mol Reprod Dev. 1999;52: 196–206. , , .
- Mouse Spam1 (PH-20): evidence for its expression in the epididymis and for a new category of spermatogenic-expressed genes. J Androl. 2000;21: 822–832. , , .
- Biochemical characterization of sperm agglutination antigen-1, a human sperm surface antigen implicated in gamete interactions. Biol Reprod. 1997;57: 1136–1144. , , , , , .
- Vesicles in rat epididymal fluid. Existence of two populations differing in ultrastructure and enzymatic composition. Andrologia. 1995;27: 233–237. , , , .
- Prostasome-like particles are involved in the transfer of P25b from the bovine epididymal fluid to the sperm surface. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;59: 115–121. , .
- The human sperm protein PH-20 has hyaluronidase activity. FEBS Lett. 1993;336: 545–548. , , , .
- Function of human epididymal proteins in sperm maturation. Andrologia. 1998;30: 225–232. , , , .
- Poly(A) shortening accompanies the activation of translation of five mRNAs during spermiogenesis in the mouse. Development. 1989;106: 367–373. .
- Structures and functions of the sugar chains of glycoproteins. Eur J Biochem. 1992;209: 483–501. .
- Hamster sperm antigen P26h is a phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein. Mol Reprod Dev. 1999;52: 225–233. , , , , , , .
- The importance of glycosylation and disulfide bonds for the hyaluronidase activity of macaque sperm surface PH-20. J Androl. 2002;23: 211–219. , , , , .
- A hyaluronidase activity of the sperm plasma membrane protein PH-20 enables sperm to penetrate the cumulus cell layer surrounding the egg. J Cell Biol. 1994;125: 1157–1163. , , , , .
- Changes in binding of lectins to epididymal, ejaculated, and capacitated spermatozoa of the rhesus monkey. Anat Rec. 1996;245: 500–508. , , .
- Sperm maturation in rabbit epididymis. Nature. 1967;216: 816–818. .
- Regionalized expression of CD52 in rat epididymis is related to mRNA poly(A) tail length. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;48: 433–441. , , , , .
- The guinea pig sperm plasma membrane protein, PH-20, reaches the surface via two transport pathways and becomes localized to a domain after an initial uniform distribution. Dev Biol. 1987;123: 63–72. , .
- Restricted lateral diffusion of PH-20, a PI-anchored sperm membrane protein. Science. 1988;240: 1780–1782. , , , , .
- Purification of the guinea pig sperm PH-20 antigen and detection of a site-specific endoproteolytic activity in sperm preparations that cleaves PH-20 into two disulfide-linked fragments. Biol Reprod. 1988;38: 921–934. , , , , .
- A role for the migrating sperm surface antigen PH-20 in guinea pig sperm binding to the egg zona pellucida. J Cell Biol. 1985;101: 2239–2244. , , .
- GPI-anchored complement regulatory proteins in seminal plasma. An analysis of their physical condition and the mechanisms of their binding to exogenous cells. J Clin Invest. 1996;97: 1675–1686. , , .
- Biochemical characterization of a glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol-linked hyaluronidase on mouse sperm. Biochemistry. 1995;34: 7788–7795. , .
- Life and death in the cytoplasm: messages from the 3′ end. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1997;7: 220–232. , , .
- Interaction of the human epididymal protein CD52 (HE5) with epididymal spermatozoa from men and cynomolgus monkeys. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;48: 267–275. , , , et al.
- Mouse epididymal Spam1 (PH-20) is released in vivo and in vitro, and Spam1 is differentially regulated in testis and epididymis. Biol Reprod. 2001;65: 1586–1593. , .
- The murine Spam1 gene: RNA expression pattern and lower steady-state levels associated with the Rb(6.16) translocation. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;46: 252–257. , .