Ex Vivo Expression of Angiogenic Growth Factors and Their Receptors in Human Penile Cavernosal Cells
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2003 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 85–90, January-February 2003
How to Cite
Rajasekaran, M., Kasyan, A., Allilain, W. and Monga, M. (2003), Ex Vivo Expression of Angiogenic Growth Factors and Their Receptors in Human Penile Cavernosal Cells. Journal of Andrology, 24: 85–90. doi: 10.1002/j.1939-4640.2003.tb02645.x
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for publication June 14, 2002; accepted for publication July 25, 2002
- Physiology of penile erection. Physiol Rev. 1995;75: 191–236. , .
- Constitutive expression of phVEGF165 after intramuscular gene transfer promotes collateral vessel development in patients with critical limb ischemia. Circulation. 1998;97: 1114–1123. , , , , , , .
- Vascular endothelial growth factor up-regulates nitric oxide synthase expression in endothelial cells. Cardiovasc Res. 1999;41: 773–780. , , .
- Uterine smooth muscle cells express functional receptors (flt-1 and KDR) for vascular permeability factor/vascular endothelial growth factor. Lab Invest. 1997;76: 245–255. , , , , .
- Expression of messenger ribonucleic acid splice variants for vascular endothelial growth factor in the penis of adult rats and humans. Biol Reprod. 1999a;60: 398–404. , , , , , , .
- Expression of VEGF splice variants 144/145 and 205/206 in adult male tissues. IUBMB Life. 1999b;48: 405–408. , , , , , , .
- The penis as a vascular organ. The importance of corporal smooth muscle tone in the control of erection. Urol Clin North Am. 1995;22: 727–745. .
- Differential gene expression of growth factors in young and old rat penile tissues is associated with erectile dysfunction. Int J Impot Res. 1999;11: 201–206. , , , , , .
- Phenotypic and cytogenetic characterization of a human corpus cavernosum cell line (DS-1). Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1993;30: 559–569. , , , , , , .
- Insulin-like growth factor I and its binding proteins in the cardiovascular system. Cardiovasc Res. 1995;30: 825–834. .
- Expression of growth factors, growth-inhibiting factors, and their receptors in invasive breast cancer. II: Correlations with proliferation and angiogenesis. J Pathol. 1998;184: 53–57. , , , .
- Aortic smooth muscle cells express and secrete vascular endothelial growth factor. Growth Factors. 1991;5: 141–148. , , .
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition attenuates the skeletal muscle VEGF mRNA response to exercise. J Appl Physiol. 2000;88: 1192–1198. , , , , .
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors in smooth muscle cells. J Cell Physiol. 2001;188: 359–368. , , , , , , .
- Growth factor-mediated angiogenesis in the malignant progression of glial tumors: a review. Surg Neurol. 1998;49: 189–196. .
- Characterization of cyclic nucleotide and inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate-sensitive calcium-exchange activity of smooth muscle cells cultured from the human corpora cavernosa. Biol Reprod. 1988;39: 913–922. , , .
- VEGF-A induces expression of eNOS and iNOS in endothelial cells via VEGF receptor-2 (KDR). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;252: 743–746. , .
- Gene therapy with vascular endothelial growth factor for inoperable coronary artery disease: anesthetic management and results. Anesth Analg. 2001;92: 19–25. , , , , , , , .
- Intracavernosal injection of vascular endothelial growth factor induces nitric oxide synthase isoforms. BJU Int. 2002;89: 955–960. , , , , , .
- Vascular endothelial growth factor promotes proliferation and migration of cavernous smooth muscle cells. J Urol. 2001a;166: 354–360. , , , , .
- Insulin-like growth factor-I promotes proliferation and migration of cavernous smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001b;280: 1307–1315. , , , .
- VEGF165 expressed by a replication-deficient recombinant adenovirus vector induces angiogenesis in vivo. Circ Res. 1995;77: 1077–1086. , , , et al.
- Nitric oxide induces oxidative stress and mediates cytotoxicity to human cavernosal cells in culture. J Androl. 2001;22: 34–39. , , .
- Ex vivo expression of nitric oxide synthase isoforms (eNOS/iNOS) and calmodulin in human penile cavernosal cells. J Urol. 1998;160: 2210–2215. , , , , , .
- Morphology and functional characteristics of human ovarian microvascular endothelium. Hum Reprod. 1999;14: 1549–1553. , , , .
- Fibroblast growth factors: at the heart of angiogenesis. Cell Biol Int. 1995;19: 431–444. .
- Signaling mechanisms mediating vascular protective actions of vascular endothelial growth factor. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;280: C1375–C1386. .