Monoclonal Antibodies to Epididymis-specific Proteins Using Mice Rendered Immune Tolerant to Testicular Proteins
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2003 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 524–533, July-August 2003
How to Cite
Joshi, S. A., Ranpura, S. A., Khan, S. A. and Khole, V. V. (2003), Monoclonal Antibodies to Epididymis-specific Proteins Using Mice Rendered Immune Tolerant to Testicular Proteins. Journal of Andrology, 24: 524–533. doi: 10.1002/j.1939-4640.2003.tb02704.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for publication October 8, 2002; accepted for publication January 27, 2003
- Human sperm surface glycoprotein involved in spermzona pellucida interaction. Int J Androl. 1998;21: 141–153. , , , .
- Monoclonal antibodies as probe of reproductive mechanism. Biol Reprod. 1983;28: 1–26. ; .
- Abnormal distribution of epididymal antigens on spermatozoa from infertile men. Fertil Steril. 1987;47: 302–309. , , , , , .
- Effect of hypophysectomy, castration and androgen replacement upon fertilizing ability of rat epididymal spermatozoa. Endocrinol. 1973;93: 391–402. , .
- Use of neonatal tolerization and chemical immunosupression for the production of monoclonal antibodies to maturation specific sperm surface molecules. J Androl. 1991;12: 305–314. , .
- Detection of antibodies towards epididymal sperm antigens: An obligatory step in evaluation of human immunologic infertility? Am J Reprod Immunol. 1995;33: 341–349. , , , , , .
- The use of ELISA to evaluate human antibody binding to epididymal sperm from different species. Am J Reprod Immunol. 1993;29: 109–115. , .
- Regional differences in synthesis, intracellular transport and secretion of protein in mouse epididymis. Biol Reprod. 1981;2: 871–883. .
- Synthesis, transport and secretion of protein in the initial segment of the mouse epididymis as studied by electron microscope radioautography. Biol Reprod. 1979;20: 1015–1030. .
- The use of tolerization in the production of monoclonal antibodies against minor antigenic determinant. Anal Biochem. 1986;154: 373–381. , .
- Some vasectomized men are characterized by low levels of P34H, an epididymal sperm protein. J Androl. 1999;20: 214–219. , , , .
- Disturbance of sperm flagella due to failure of epididymal maturation and their possible relationship to phospholipids. Hum Reprod. 1993;8: 1070–1073. , , , , , .
- A monoclonal antibody, EC-1, derived from a syngenically multiparous mouse alters in vitro fertilization and development. J Reprod Immunol. 1985;8: 45. , , .
- Characterization of a human glycoprotein with a potential role in sperm egg fusion: cDNA cloning, immunohistochemical localization and chromosomal assignment of the gene (AEGL1). Genomics. 1996;32: 367–374. , , , et al.
- Androgen binding protein secretion and endocytosis by principal cells in the adult rat epididymis and during postnatal development. J Androl. 1998;19: 527–541. , , .
- The epididymal microenvironment. A site of attack for a male contraceptive? Invest Urol. 1980;18: 1–10. .
- A monoclonal antibody to a unique cerebeller neuron generated by immunosupression and rapid immunization. Science. 1987;237: 67–70. .
- The specificity of epididymal secretory proteins. J Reprod Fertil Suppl. 1998;53: 197–210. , .
- Development of the fertilizing ability of spermatozoa in the epididymis of Syrian hamster. J Reprod Fertil. 1972;30: 417–425. , .
- Generation of a murine monoclonal antibodies to normal mammary epithelium using mice rendered immunotolerant to malignant mammary epithelium. J Histochem Cytochem. 1994;42: 585–591. , , .
- Biochemical parameters regulating forward motility initiation in vitro in got immature epididymal spermatozoa. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1998;10: 299–307. , .
- Identification of epididymis specific antigen by neonatal tolerization. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2000;44(6): 350–356. , , .
- Gene expression in the epididymis. Int Rev Cytol. 1999;188: 133–201. .
- Molecular characterization of epididymal proteins. Rev. Reprod.. 1998;3: 86–95. .
- Continuous cultures of fused cells secreting antibodies of predefined specificity. Nature. 1975;256: 495–497. , .
- Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature. 1970;15: 680–685. .
- Tolerization of adult mice to immunodominant protein before monoclonal antibody production. J Immunol Methods. 1999;222: 59–63. , , , .
- P34H sperm protein is preferentially expressed by the human corpus epididymidis. Endocrinology. 1999;140: 3318–3327. , , , .
- Protein measurement with Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem. 1954;193: 265–275. , , , .
- Motility and fertilizing capacity of epididymal human spermatozoa in normal and pathological cases. Fertil Steril. 1992;57: 871–876. , , , , , .
- Contribution of epididymal factor to sperm maturation and storage. Andrologia. 1998;30: 233–239. .
- Modification of the rat sperm flagellar plasma membrane during maturation in the epididymis. J Androl. 1987;8: 129–147. , , , .
- Sperm maturation in rabbit epididymis. Nature. 1967;216: 816–818. .
- Comparison of two techniques for targeting the production of monoclonal antibodies against particular antigens. J Immunol Methods. 1991;145: 111–118. , , .
- Characterization of a sperm coating autoantigen reacting with antisperm antibodies of infertile males using monoclonal antibodies. Br J Obstet Gynecol. 1996;103: 463–467. , , , .
- Isolation, immunolocalization and sperm association of three proteins of 18, 25 and 29 kDa secreted by mouse epididymis. Biol Reprod. 1992;46: 747–766. , , , , .
- Cellular mechanism in neonatal and adult tolerance. Immunol. Rev.. 1989;107: 179–202. .
- Strategies to generate antibodies capable of distinguishing between proteins with >90 amino acid identity. J Immunol Methods. 2001;252: 121–129. , .
- Immunihistochemical localization of epididymal secretory glycoprotein EP1 in the adult male chimpanzee. Tissue Cell. 1999;31: 54–65. , .
- Maturation-dependent glycoproteins containing both N- and O-linked oligosaccharides in epididymal sperm plasma membrane of rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta). J Reprod Fertil. 2000;119: 241–252. .
- Characterization and identification of proteins secreted in the various regions of the adult boar epididymis. Biol Reprod. 1996;55: 956–974. , , , , , .
- Electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gel to nitrocellulose sheet: procedures and some applications. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1979;76: 4350–4354. , , .
- Post vasectomy alterations in protein synthesis and secretion in the rat caput epididymidis are not repaired after vasectomy. J Androl. 2000;21: 276–290. , , , , , .
- Subtractive immunization technique for the production of monoclonal antibodies to rare antigens. Biotechniques. 1992;12: 842–847. , , .