Y Chromosome Deletions in Azoospermic Men in India
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2003 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 588–597, July-August 2003
How to Cite
Thangaraj, K., Gupta, N. J., Pavani, K., Reddy, A. G., Subramainan, S., Rani, D. S., Ghosh, B., Chakravarty, B. and Singh, L. (2003), Y Chromosome Deletions in Azoospermic Men in India. Journal of Andrology, 24: 588–597. doi: 10.1002/j.1939-4640.2003.tb02710.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for publication November 5, 2002; accepted for publication March 3, 2003
- The role of the Y chromosome in male infertility. Exp Rev Mol Med. 2001. Available at: http:www-ermm.cbcu.cam.ac.uk01002319h.htm. Accessed. .
- Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST, a new generation database search programs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25: 3389–3402. , , , , , , .
- Tandem repeats finder, a program to analyze DNA sequences. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27: 573–580. .
- AZFb deletion predicts the absence of spermatozoa with testicular sperm extraction: preliminary report of a prognostic genetic test. Hum Reprod. 1998;13: 2812–2815. , , , , , , .
- Quantitative analysis of constitutive heterochromatin in couples with fetal wastage. Am J Reprod Immunol. 1997;38: 201–204. , , , .
- Multiple functional copies of the RBM gene family, a spermatogenesis candidate on the human Y chromosome. Genomics. 1997;45: 355–361. , , .
- TSPY variants in six loci on the human Y chromosome. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;91: 67–71. , , , , , , .
- A human candidate spermatogenesis gene, RBM1, is conserved and amplified on the marsupial Y chromosome. Nat Genet. 1997;15: 131–136. , , , , , , .
- Reduction copy number of DAZ genes in subfertile and infertile men. Fertil Steril. 2002;77: 68–75. , , , , , .
- Genetic risk factors in infertile men with severe oligozoospermia and azoospermia. Hum Reprod. 2002;17: 13–16. , , , , , , .
- Linkage between male infertility and trinucleotide repeat expansion in the androgen-receptor gene. Lancet. 1999;354: 640–643. , , , , , .
- The human Y chromosome's azoospermia factor b (AZFb) region: sequence, structure, and deletion analysis in infertile men. J Med Genet. 2003;40: 18–24. , , , , .
- Y-chromosome microdeletion and phenotype in cytogenetically normal men with idiopathic azoospermia. Fertil Steril. 2001;76: 491–495. , , , , , .
- Yq deletion and failure of spermatogenesis. Ann Genet. 1988;31: 21–26. , , , .
- A survey of long-range DNA polymorphisms on the human Y chromosome. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3: 107–114. .
- Two long homologous retroviral sequence blocks in proximal Yq11 causes AZFa microdeletions as a result of intrachromosomal recombination. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9: 2563–2572. , , , , .
- High deletion frequency of the complete AZFa sequence in men with Sertoli cell only syndrome. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7: 987–994. , , , et al.
- Defining regions of the Y-chromosome responsible for male infertility and identification of a fourth AZF region (AZFd) by Y-chromosome microdeletion detection. Mol Reprod Dev. 1999;53: 27–41. , , , et al.
- FISH deletion mapping defines a single location for the Y chromosome stature gene, GCY. J Med Genet. 2000;37: 593–599. , , , , , .
- The Y chromosome: a graveyard for endogenous retroviruses. Gene. 1995;161: 163–170. , , .
- The AZFc region of Y chromosome features massive palindromes and uniform recurrent deletions in infertile men. Nat Genet. 2001;29: 279–286. , , , et al.
- Human gene mutations causing infertility. J Med Genet. 2002;39: 153–161. .
- A chromosome gene family with RNA-binding protein homology: candidates for the azoospermia factor AZF controlling human spermatogenesis. Cell. 1993;75: 1287–1295. , , , et al.
- Arrangement of DYZ1 and DYZ2 repeats on the human Y-chromosome: a case with presence of DYZ1 and absence of DYZ2. Mol Cell Probes. 1992;6: 257–259. , , , .
- Screening for AZF deletion in a large series of severely impaired spermatogenesis patients. J Androl. 2000;21: 651–655. , , , et al.
- The mouse Y chromosome interval necessary for spermatogonial proliferation is gene dense with syntenic homology to the human AZFa region. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7: 1713–1724. , , , et al.
- Screening for Y chromosome microdeletions in 226 Slovenian subfertile men. Hum Reprod. 2002;17: 17–24. , , , , .
- Degeneracy in human multicopy RBM (YRRM), a candidate spermatogenesis gene. Mamm Genome. 1996;7: 835–842. , , , et al.
- Microdeletions in the Y chromosome of infertile men. New Eng J Med. 1997;336: 534–539. , , , , , , .
- Characterization of a new TSPY gene family member in Yq (TSPYq1). Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;88: 159–162. , , , , , , .
- Diverse spermatogenic defects in humans caused by Y chromosome deletions encompassing a novel RNA-binding protein gene. Nat Genet. 1995;10: 383–393. , , , et al.
- Recombination between palindromes P5 and P1 on the human Y chromosome causes massive deletion and spermatogenic failure. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;71: 906–922. , , , , , , , .
- The critical region of overlap defining the AZFa male infertility interval of proximal Yq contains three transcribed sequences. J Med Genet. 1999;36: 670–677. , , , et al.
- Laboratory guidance for molecular diagnosis of Y-chromosomal microdeletions. J Androl. 1999;22: 292–299. , , , , , , .
- Banded krait minor-satellite Bkm-associated Y chromosome-specific repetitive DNA in mouse. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;12: 2289–2295. , , , .
- An azoospermic man with a de novo point mutation in the Y-chromosomal gene USP9Y. Nat Genet. 1999;23: 429–432. , , , , , , , .
- Deletion of azoospermic factor a (AZFa) region of human Y chromosome caused by recombination between HERV15 proviruses. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9: 2291–2296. , , , , , , .
- CAG repeat expansion in the androgen receptor gene is not associated with male infertility in Indian populations. J Androl. 2002a;23: 815–818. , , , , , .
- Is amelogenic gene reliable for gender identification in forensic casework and prenatal diagnosis? Intl J Legal Med. 2002b;116: 121–123. , , .
- A unique case of deletion and duplication in the long arm of the Y chromosome in an individual with ambiguous genitalia. Am J Med Genet. 2003;116A: 205–207. , , , .
- An abundance of X-linked genes expressed in spermatogonia. Nat Genet. 2001;27: 422–426. , , , .
- Androgen receptor transactivation domain and control of spermatogenesis. Rev Reprod. 1998;3: 141–144. , , , , .