Derald Wing Sue, Editor of the Personnel and Guidance Journal, is an Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at California State University, Hayward. He is keenly interested in exploring the multicultural aspects of counseling and psychotherapy. Chairperson of the American Psychological Association's Committee for Equality of Opportunity in Psychology, he is past president of the Association of Asian American Psychologists. In addition to his research publications, he has published two psychology textbooks and is writing one on “Counseling the Culturally Different.” Besides these professional activities, he spends his free time changing diapers for a newborn son.
Counseling the Culturally Different: A Conceptual Analysis
Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
1977 American Counseling Association
The Personnel and Guidance Journal
Volume 55, Issue 7, pages 422–425, March 1977
How to Cite
Sue, D. W. (1977), Counseling the Culturally Different: A Conceptual Analysis. The Personnel and Guidance Journal, 55: 422–425. doi: 10.1002/j.2164-4918.1977.tb05281.x
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!