Jeffrey E. Froyd is director of academic development at Texas A&M University. He served as the project director for the Foundation Coalition, one of the NSF-supported Engineering Education Coalitions, from 2001–2004. He is project director for “Changing Faculty through Learning Communities,” a project supported by the NSF program on Research on Gender in Science and Engineering. He helped create the Integrated First-Year Curriculum in Science, Engineering, and Mathematics at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, which was recognized with the Hesburgh Certificate of Excellence in 1997. He received a B.S. in mathematics from Rose-Hulman in 1975 and the M.S. and Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota in 1977 and 1979, respectively. His current research interests include transfer of learning, problem solving, integrated curricula, facilitating faculty learning, and curricular and organizational change.
Integrated Engineering Curricula
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2005 American Society for Engineering Education
Journal of Engineering Education
Volume 94, Issue 1, pages 147–164, January 2005
How to Cite
Froyd, J. E. and Ohland, M. W. (2005), Integrated Engineering Curricula. Journal of Engineering Education, 94: 147–164. doi: 10.1002/j.2168-9830.2005.tb00835.x
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!