Guillermo Mendez is a Ph.D. candidate in Statistics in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Arizona State University. He received an M.S. in Statistics at Arizona State University and a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University. His research interests include modeling dependent data, data mining and tree-based ensemble methods and models.
Factors Associated With Persistence in Science and Engineering Majors: An Exploratory Study Using Classification Trees and Random Forests
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2008 American Society for Engineering Education
Journal of Engineering Education
Volume 97, Issue 1, pages 57–70, January 2008
How to Cite
Mendez, G., Buskirk, T. D., Lohr, S. and Haag, S. (2008), Factors Associated With Persistence in Science and Engineering Majors: An Exploratory Study Using Classification Trees and Random Forests. Journal of Engineering Education, 97: 57–70. doi: 10.1002/j.2168-9830.2008.tb00954.x
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!