Susan E. Walden is the founding director of the Research Institute for STEM Education and a Research Scientist in the K20 Center for Educational and Community Renewal at the University of Oklahoma. She received her Ph.D. in Computational Organic Chemistry from the University of Oklahoma. She has taught organic and general chemistry, but her primary interests are in researching educational equity and applying democratic pedagogies to the sciences and engineering. She is also interested in educational outreach to K-12 and gifted education for K-16. She is an active member of the American Chemical Society and the American Society for Engineering Education
“What's to keep you from dropping out?” Student Immigration into and within Engineering
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2008 American Society for Engineering Education
Journal of Engineering Education
Volume 97, Issue 2, pages 191–205, April 2008
How to Cite
Walden, S. E. and Foor, C. (2008), “What's to keep you from dropping out?” Student Immigration into and within Engineering. Journal of Engineering Education, 97: 191–205. doi: 10.1002/j.2168-9830.2008.tb00967.x
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!