Gary Lichtenstein is consulting professor in the School of Engineering at Stanford University and owner of Quality Evaluation Designs, a firm specializing in education research, evaluation, and policy. His intellectual interests include engineering education, mixed-methods research, and community-based research. He has conducted research and evaluation for K-12 schools, higher education institutions, and non-profit and government organizations nationwide. He has researched the preparation of undergraduate engineers as part of the National Academy of Engineering, the Center for the Advancement of Engineering Education, and the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Comparing the Undergraduate Experience of Engineers to All Other Majors: Significant Differences are Programmatic
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2010 American Society for Engineering Education
Journal of Engineering Education
Volume 99, Issue 4, pages 305–317, October 2010
How to Cite
Lichtenstein, G., McCormick, A. C., Sheppard, S. D. and Puma, J. (2010), Comparing the Undergraduate Experience of Engineers to All Other Majors: Significant Differences are Programmatic. Journal of Engineering Education, 99: 305–317. doi: 10.1002/j.2168-9830.2010.tb01065.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!