The rate of learning-by-doing: estimates from a search-matching model
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Applied Econometrics
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 929–962, September/October 2010
How to Cite
Prat, J. (2010), The rate of learning-by-doing: estimates from a search-matching model. J. Appl. Econ., 25: 929–962. doi: 10.1002/jae.1114
- Issue published online: 26 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2009
- 1987. Do wages rise with job seniority? Review of Economic Studies 54: 437–459. , .
- 2005. Do wages rise with job seniority? A reassessment. Industrial and Labor Relations Review 58: 370–397. , .
- 2006. A feasible equilibrium search model of individual wage dynamics with experience accumulation. Manuscript, University of Paris I. , , , .
- 2005. Tenure profiles and efficient separation in a stochastic productivity model. Manuscript, Tinbergen Institute and Erasmus University of Rotterdam. , .
- 2006. Wage bargaining with on-the-job search: theory and evidence. Econometrica 74: 323–365. , , .
- 2005. On-the-job search and the wage distribution. Journal of Labor Economics 23: 31–58. , , , , .
- 2008. Business cycles, unemployment insurance, and the calibration of matching models. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 32: 1120–1155. , .
- 2005. Wages, experience and seniority. Review of Economic Studies 72: 77–108.Direct Link:, .
- 1995. Duration to first job and return to schooling: estimates from a search-matching model. Review of Economic Studies 62: 263–286. , .
- 1996. Learning, wage dynamics, and firm-specific human capital. Journal of Political Economy 104: 838–868. , .
- 2006. Minimum wage effects on labor market outcomes under search, matching, and endogenous contact rates. Econometrica 74: 1013–1062. .
- 1982. New methods for analyzing structural models of labor force dynamics. Journal of Econometrics 18: 115–168. , .
- 1980. Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions. Journal of Econometrics 13: 27–56. .
- 2008. Wage rigidity and job creation. IZA discussion paper no. 3714. , , .
- 2008. The cyclical behavior of equilibrium unemployment and vacancies revisited. American Economic Review 98: 1692–1706. , .
- 1985. Brownian Motion and Stochastic Flow Systems. E. Krieger: Malabar, FL. .
- 2007. Frictional wage dispersion in search models: a quantitative assessment. Manuscript, New York University. , , .
- 2006. The empirical content of the job search model: labor mobility and wage distributions in Europe and the US. European Economic Review 50: 877–907. , , .
- 1981. Labor mobility and wages. In Studies in Labor Markets, RosenS (ed.). National Bureau of Economic Research: New York; 21–63. , .
- 1997. Optimal capital structure, endogenous bankruptcy, and the term structure of credit spreads. Journal of Finance 51: 987–1019. , .
- 1978. Dynamic aspects of earnings mobility. Econometrica 46: 985–1012. , .
- 2006. Wage dynamics and distribution in an equilibrium search model. Manuscript, Yale University. .
- 2000. An approach to longitudinally matching population survey (CPS) respondents. Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 26: 31–62. , .
- 1986. The value of waiting to invest. Quarterly Journal of Economics 101: 707–728. , .
- 1973. The theory of rational option pricing. Bell Journal of Economics and Management Science 4: 141–184. .
- 1999. New developments in models of search in the labor market. In Handbook of Labor Economics, Vol. 3, AshenfelterO, CardD (eds). Elsevier Science: Amsterdam; 2567–2627. , .
- 2003. Taxes, subsidies and equilibrium market outcomes. In Designing Inclusion: Tools to Raise Low-End Pay and Employment in Private Enterprise, PhelpsES (ed.). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK; 44–73. , .
- 2005. On the extent of job-to-job transitions. Manuscript, Northwestern University. .
- 2007. Learning-by-doing versus learning about match quality: can we tell them apart? Review of Economic Studies 74: 537–566.Direct Link:.
- 1994. Large sample estimation and hypothesis testing. In Handbook of Econometrics, IngleRF, McFaddenD (eds). North-Holland: Amsterdam; 2111–2245. , .
- 2000. Equilibrium Unemployment Theory (2nd edn). MIT Press: Cambridge, MA. .
- 2002. Equilibrium wage dispersion with worker and employer heterogeneity. Econometrica 70: 2295–2350. , .
- 2006. Job separation under uncertainty and the wage distribution. Contributions to Macroeconomics, 6, Article 2. Berkeley Electronic Press. .
- 2005. The cyclical behavior of equilibrium unemployment and vacancies. American Economic Review 95: 25–49. .
- 2008. The interaction of minimum wage and severance payments in a frictional labor market: theory and estimation. Manuscript, University of Yale. .
- 1991. Specific capital, mobility, and wages: wages rise with job seniority. Journal of Political Economy 99: 145–176. .
- 1996. Manpower training and employment stability. Economica 63: 113–130. , .
- 2006. Job search, bargaining, and wage dynamics. Manuscript, University of Wisconsin, Madison. .