Using OLS to Estimate and Test for Structural Changes in Models with Endogenous Regressors
Article first published online: 28 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Applied Econometrics
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 119–144, January/February 2015
How to Cite
2015), Using OLS to Estimate and Test for Structural Changes in Models with Endogenous Regressors, J. Appl. Econ., 30, pages 119–144, doi: 10.1002/jae.2320and (
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 17 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 AUG 2011
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: SES-0649350
- 1993. Tests for parameter instability and structural change with unknown change point. Econometrica 61: 821–856. .
- 2000. Vector autoregressive models with structural changes in regression coefficients and in variance–covariance matrices. Annals of Economics and Finance 1: 303–339. .
- 1998. Estimating and testing linear models with multiple structural changes. Econometrica 66: 47–78. , .
- 2003. Computation and analysis of multiple structural change models. Journal of Applied Econometrics 18: 1–22. , .
- 1998. Testing for and dating breaks in multivariate time series. Review of Economic Studies 65: 395–432.Direct Link:, , .
- 2012. Asymptotic distribution theory for break point estimators in models estimated via 2SLS. Econometric Reviews 31: 1–33. , , .
- 1999. Inflation dynamics: a structural econometric analysis. Journal of Monetary Economics 44: 195–222. , .
- 2012. Inference regarding multiple structural changes in linear models with endogenous regressors. Journal of Econometrics 170: 281–302. , , .
- 2000. Testing for structural change in conditional models. Journal of Econometrics 97: 93–115. .
- 2009. The limit distribution of the estimates in cointegrated regression models with multiple structural changes. Journal of Econometrics 146: 59–73. , .
- 2010. Testing for multiple structural changes in cointegrated regression models. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 28: 503–522. , .
- 2007. VAR-based estimation of Euler equations with an application to New Keynesian pricing. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 31: 767–796. .
- 2006. Dealing with structural breaks. In Palgrave Handbook of Econometrics, Vol. 1: Econometric Theory, Patterson K, Mills TC (eds). Palgrave Macmillan: Basingstoke, UK; 278–352. .
- 2006. Estimating restricted structural change models. Journal of Econometrics 134: 373–399. , .
- 2012. A note on estimating and testing for multiple structural changes in models with endogenous regressors via 2SLS. Econometric Theory (forthcoming). , .
- 2007. Estimating and testing multiple structural changes in multivariate regressions. Econometrica 75: 459–502. , .
- 1958. The estimation of the parameters of a linear regression system obeying two separate regimes. Journal of the American Statistical Association 53: 873–880. .
- 1960. Tests of the hypothesis that a linear regression system obeys two separate regimes. Journal of the American Statistical Association 55: 324–330. .
- 2010. Has models' forecasting performance for US output growth and inflation changed over time, and when? International Journal of Forecasting 26: 808–835. , .
- 2007. Why has U.S. inflation become harder to forecast? Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 39: 3–33. , .
- 2007. Testing jointly for structural changes in the error variance and coefficients of a linear regression model. Working paper, Department of Economics, Boston University. , .