Measuring the equilibrium effects of unemployment benefits dispersion
Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2001
Copyright © 2000 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Applied Econometrics
Special Issue: Inference and Decision Making
Volume 15, Issue 6, pages 547–574, November/December 2000
How to Cite
Vuuren, A. V., Van Den Berg, G. J. and Ridder, G. (2000), Measuring the equilibrium effects of unemployment benefits dispersion. J. Appl. Econ., 15: 547–574. doi: 10.1002/jae.581
- Issue online: 5 FEB 2001
- Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 30 AUG 2000
- Manuscript Received: 30 SEP 1999
- 1984),‘An equilibrium model of search unemployment’, Journal of Political Economy, 92, 824–840. and (
- 1992), ‘Lone parents and the labour market: evidence form the labour force survey’, Employment Gazette, 559–577. , and (
- 1999), ‘An empirical equilibrium job search model with search on the job and heterogeneous workers and firms’, International Economic Review, 40, 1039–1075. , and (
- 2000), ‘Equilibrium search with continuous productivity dispersion: theory and non-parametric estimation’, International Economic Review, 41, 305–358. , and (
- 1998), ‘Wage differentials, employer size and unemployment’, International Economic Review, 39, 257–273. and (
- 1995), Myth and Measurement, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ. and (
- Central Planning Bureau (1995), Replacement Rates, a Transatlantic Overview, CPB working papers, 80, Central Planning Bureau, The Hague.
- 1991), Empirical Labor Economics: The Search Approach, Oxford University Press, Oxford. and (
- 1971), ‘A model of price adjustment’, Journal of Economic Theory, 3, 156–168. (
- 1996), ‘The economic impact of minimum wages in Europe’, Economic Policy, 23, 319–372. and (
- 1996), ‘Unemployment duration and the Restart effect: some experimental evidence’, Economic Journal, 106, 387–400. and (
- 1990), ‘Estimating a market equilibrium search model from panel data on individuals’, Econometrica, 58, 783–808. and (
- EUROSTAT (1996a), Labour Force Survey, Results 1996, Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, Brussels.
- EUROSTAT (1996b), The European Union Labour Force Survey. Methods and Definitions, Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, Brussels.
- 1993), ‘Are unemployment and out of the labor force distinct labor force states’, Journal of Labor Economics, 1, 28–42. and (
- 1992), ‘New evidence on whether unemployment and out of the labor force are distinct states’, Journal of Human Resources, 27, 329–361. (
- 1993), ‘Estimated number and demographic characteristics of one-parent families in Great Britain’, Population Trends, 71, 26–33. (
- 1997), ‘Optimal unemployment insurance’, Journal of Political Economy, 105, 412–438. and (
- 1999), ‘The measurement of unemployment: an empirical approach’, Econometrica, 67, 147–162. and (
- 1993), ‘Wage dispersion with homogeneity: The empirical equilibrium search model’, in N. C.Westergaard-Nielsen and P.Jensen (eds), Proceedings of the Third Symposium on Panel Data and Labor Market Dynamics, North-Holland, Amsterdam. and (
- 1995), ‘Structural and frictional unemployment in an equilibrium search model with heterogeneous agents’, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 10, S133–S151. , and (
- 1991), Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market, Oxford University Press, Oxford. , and (
- 1986), ‘Job search and labor market analysis’, in O.Ashenfelter and R.Layard (eds), Handbook of Labor Economics, Vol. 2, North-Holland, Amsterdam. (
- 1990), ‘Equilibrium wage distributions: a synthesis’, in J.Hartog, G.Ridder and J.Theeuwes (eds), Panel Data and Labor Market Studies, North-Holland, Amsterdam. (
- 1999), ‘New developments in models of search in the labor market’, in O.Ashenfelter and D.Card (eds), Handbook of Labor Economics, Vol. 3, North-Holland, Amsterdam. and (
- OECD (1995), ‘Supplementary measures of labour market slack: an analysis of discouraged and involuntary part-time workers’, in Employment Outlook, OECD, Paris.
- OECD (1997), Making Work Pay, OECD, Paris.
- 1990), Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, Blackwell, Oxford. (
- 1997), ‘Empirical equilibrium search models’, in D. M.Kreps and K. F.Wallis (eds), Advances in Economics and Econometrics: Theory and Applications: Seventh World Congress, Econometric Society Monographs, Vol. 28, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. and (
- 1999), ‘Estimating measures of labor market imperfection in five OECD countries, using aggregate data in an equilibrium search framework’, Department of Economics, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam. and (
- 1996), ‘In-work benefits in the United States: the earned income tax credit’, Economic Journal, 106, 156–169. (
- 1990), ‘Nonstationarity in job search theory’, Review of Economic Studies, 57, 255–277. (
- 1992), ‘A structural dynamic analysis of job turnover and the costs associated with moving to another job’, Economic Journal, 102, 1116–1133. (
- 1998), ‘An empirical equilibrium search model of the labor market’, Econometrica, 66, 1183–1221. and (
- 1995), Empirical Methods for the Study of Labor Force Dynamics, Harwood Academic Publishers, Luxembourg. (