Bayesian analysis of the two-part model with endogeneity: application to health care expenditure
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Applied Econometrics
Volume 21, Issue 7, pages 1081–1099, November 2006
How to Cite
Deb, P., Munkin, M. K. and Trivedi, P. K. (2006), Bayesian analysis of the two-part model with endogeneity: application to health care expenditure. J. Appl. Econ., 21: 1081–1099. doi: 10.1002/jae.891
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 10 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Received: 22 FEB 2005
- 1993. Bayesian analysis of binary and polychotomous response data. Journal of American Statistical Association 88(422): 669–679. , .
- 1999. Modeling risk using generalized linear models. Journal of Health Economics 18: 153–171. , , .
- 2002. Semiparametric Bayes analysis of longitudinal data treatment models. Journal of Econometrics 110: 67–89. , .
- 1998. Paying for health insurance: the trade-off between competition and adverse selection. Quarterly Journal of Economics 113: 433–466. , .
- 1983. A comparison of alternative models for the demand for medical care. Journal of Business and Economics Statistics 1: 115–126. , , , .
- 1991. Efficient simulation from the multivariate normal and Student-t distributions subject to linear constraints. In Computing Science and Statistics: Proceedings of the Twenty-Third Symposium on the Interface, KeramidasEM (ed.); 571–578. .
- 2003. Bayesian inference for hospital quality in a selection model. Econometrica 71: 1215–1238. , , .
- 2000. Managed care. In Handbook of Health Economics, Vol 1A, CulyerAJ, NewhouseJP (eds). Elsevier: Amsterdam; 707–745. .
- 1995. Managed care as a public cost-containment mechanism. Rand Journal of Economics 26: 277–295. .
- 1990. Health care utilization in employer plans with preferred provider organization options. Rand Report R-3800-HHS/NIMH. , , .
- 2000. Uninsured status and out-of-pocket costs at midlife. Health Services Research 35: 911–932. , .
- 2000. Health econometrics. In Handbook of Health Economics. Elsevier: Amsterdam. .
- 1992. A note on identification in the multinomial probit model. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 10: 193–200. .
- 1985. A survey of the literature on selectivity bias as it pertains to health care markets. Health Economics and Health Services Research 6: 3–18. .
- 2001. Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform? Journal of Health Economics 20: 461–494. , .
- 2000. A Bayesian analysis of the multinomial probit model with fully identified parameters. Journal of Econometrics 99: 173–193. , , .
- 1996. Parametric and semiparametric modelling of vacation expenditures. Journal of Applied Econometrics 11: 59–76. , .
- 2002. Do Medicare HMOs still reduce health services use after controlling for selection bias? Health Economics 11: 323–340. , , .
- 1998. Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics. Journal of Health Economics 17: 247–281. .
- 2003. Bayesian analysis of self-selection model with multiple outcomes using simulation-based estimation: an application to the demand for healthcare. Journal of Econometrics 114: 197–220. , .
- 2003. On the predictive distributions of outcome gains in the presence of an unidentified parameters. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 21: 258–268. , .
- 1987. The calculation of posterior distribution by data augmentation. Journal of American Statistical Association 82: 528–540. , .
- 1995. Computing Bayes factors using a generalization of the Savage–dickey density ratio. Journal of American Statistical Association 90: 614–618. , .