The point of transition on the dose-effect curve as a reference point in the evaluation of in vitro toxicity data
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Applied Toxicology
Volume 32, Issue 10, pages 843–849, October 2012
How to Cite
Sand, S., Ringblom, J., Håkansson, H. and Öberg, M. (2012), The point of transition on the dose-effect curve as a reference point in the evaluation of in vitro toxicity data. J. Appl. Toxicol., 32: 843–849. doi: 10.1002/jat.2757
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 27 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2011
- 2000. Fixed-effect-level toxicity equivalents – a suitable parameter for assessing ethoxyresorufin-O-deethylase induction potency in complex environmental samples. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 19: 2493–2501. , , , .
- 1984. A new method for determining allowable daily intakes. Fundam. Appl. Toxicol. 4: 854–871. .
- 2010. The future use of in vitro data in risk assessment to set human exposure standards – challenging problems and familiar solutions. Environ. Health Perspect. 118: 1350–1354. , , .
- ECHA. 2008. Guidance on information requirements and chemical safety assessment. In Characterisation of Dose [Concentration]-Response for Human Health – Guidance for the Implementation of REACH. European Chemicals Agency: Helsinki, Ch. R10: 1–65.
- EFSA, European Food Safety Authority. 2009. Guidance of the Scientific Committee on a request from EFSA on the use of the benchmark dose approach in risk assessment. The EFSA J. 1150: 1–72.
- 1998. Characterizing dose-response: I: Critical assessment of the benchmark dose concept. Risk Anal. 18: 13–26. , , .
- NRC, National Research Council, Committee on Toxicity Testing and Assessment of Environmental Agents. 2007. Toxicity Testing in the 21st Century: A Vision and a Strategy. National Academy Press: Washington, DC.
- 2003. Health risk assessment of dioxin-like compounds in complex samples. PhD thesis, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. .
- 2005. Bioassay analysis of dioxin-like compounds – response interactions and environmental transformation of Ah receptor agonists. PhD thesis, Örebro Universitet, Örebro, Sweden. .
- 1980. A rapid method for assaying the metabolism of 7-ethoxyresorufin by microsomal subcellular fractions. Anal. Biochem. 107: 150–155. , .
- 2006. Identification of a critical dose level for risk assessment: developments in benchmark dose analysis of continuous endpoints. Toxicol. Sci. 90: 241–251. , , , .
- 2008. The current state of knowledge on the use of the benchmark dose concept in risk assessment. J. Appl. Toxicol. 28: 405–421. , , .
- 2009. Quantitative and Statistical Analysis of Differences in Sensitivity Between Long-Evans and Han/Wistar Rats Following Long-Term Exposure to 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Regul. Toxicol. Pharmacol. 57: 136–145. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. A probabilistic approach for deriving acceptable human intake limits and human health risks from toxicological studies: general framework. Risk Anal. 18: 787–798. , .
- 2006. AhR-active compounds in sediments of the Haihe and Dagu Rivers, China. Chemosphere 63: 1222–1230. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Selection of polychlorinated biphenyls for use in quantitative structure-activity modelling. SAR QSAR Environ. Res. 4: 11–19. , , , , ,