Early detection of renal injury using urinary vanin-1 in rats with experimental colitis
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Applied Toxicology
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 184–190, February 2014
How to Cite
Hosohata, K., Ando, H. and Fujimura, A. (2014), Early detection of renal injury using urinary vanin-1 in rats with experimental colitis. J. Appl. Toxicol., 34: 184–190. doi: 10.1002/jat.2849
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 12 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2012
- 1981. Hyperoxaluria in malabsorptive states. Urol. Int. 36: 1–9. , .
- 1971. Absorption studies in patients with Crohn's disease and in patients with ulcerative colitis. Acta Med. Scand. 190: 407–410. , , , , .
- 1996. Vanin-1, a novel GPI-linked perivascular molecule involved in thymus homing. Immunity 5: 391–405. , , , , , .
- 2002. Shedding of kidney injury molecule-1, a putative adhesion protein involved in renal regeneration. J Biol Chem 277: 39739–39748. , , , , , .
- 2001. Experimental colitis decreases rat jejunal amino acid absorption: role of capsaicin sensitive primary afferents. Life Sci. 69: 3121–3131. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Vanin-1 licenses inflammatory mediator production by gut epithelial cells and controls colitis by antagonizing peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activity. J. Exp. Med. 203: 2817–2827. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Kidney Injury Molecule-1 (KIM-1): a specific and sensitive biomarker of kidney injury. Scand. J. Clin. Lab. Invest. Suppl. 241: 78–83. .
- 2012. Chronic kidney disease after acute kidney injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Kidney Int. 81: 442–448. , , .
- 2003. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin is up-regulated in human epithelial cells by IL-1 beta, but not by TNF-alpha. J. Immunol. 171: 6630–6639. , , , .
- 1999. Intracellular glutathione redox status modulates MCP-1 expression in pulmonary granulomatous vasculitis. Lab. Invest. 79: 837–847. , , .
- 2001. Renal tubular injury is present in acute inflammatory bowel disease prior to the introduction of drug therapy. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 15: 1131–1137. , , , , .
- 2002. Kidney Injury Molecule-1 (KIM-1): a novel biomarker for human renal proximal tubule injury. Kidney Int. 62: 237–244. , , , , .
- 2008. Urinary biomarkers in the early diagnosis of acute kidney injury. Kidney Int. 73: 863–869. , , , , , , .
- 2012. Urinary vanin-1 as a novel biomarker for early detection of drug-induced acute kidney injury. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 341: 656–662. , , .
- 2011. Vanin-1: a potential biomarker for nephrotoxicant-induced renal injury. Toxicology 290: 82–88. , , , .
- 1998. Kidney injury molecule-1 (KIM-1), a putative epithelial cell adhesion molecule containing a novel immunoglobulin domain, is up-regulated in renal cells after injury. J. Biol. Chem. 273: 4135–4142. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Kidney injury molecule-1: a tissue and urinary biomarker for nephrotoxicant-induced renal injury. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 286: F552–563. , , , , .
- 2005. Identification of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) as a discriminatory marker of the hepatocyte-secreted protein response to IL-1beta: a proteomic analysis. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 91: 502–515. , , , , , , .
- 1987. Effect of hemorrhagic reduction in blood pressure on recovery from acute renal failure. Kidney Int. 31: 725–730. , , , .
- 2011. Temporal relationship and predictive value of urinary acute kidney injury biomarkers after pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 58: 2301–2309. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Renal tubular damage: an extraintestinal manifestation of chronic inflammatory bowel disease. Eur. J. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 8: 461–468. , , , .
- 1989. Hapten-induced model of chronic inflammation and ulceration in the rat colon. Gastroenterology 96: 795–803. , , , , , .
- 2011. MCP-1 gene activation marks acute kidney injury. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 22: 165–175. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Induction of NGAL synthesis in epithelial cells of human colorectal neoplasia and inflammatory bowel diseases. Gut 38: 414–420. , , , , , .
- 1997. Purification and cellular localization of beta2-microglobulin in the testis. Life Sci. 61: 487–494. , .
- 2011. Renal manifestations and complications of inflammatory bowel disease. Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 17: 1034–1045. , , , , .
- 2000. Pantetheinase activity of membrane-bound Vanin-1: lack of free cysteamine in tissues of Vanin-1 deficient mice. FEBS Lett. 483: 149–154. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Extraintestinal manifestations and complications in inflammatory bowel diseases. World J. Gastroenterol. 12: 4819–4831. , , .
- 2012. Effects of captopril on the cysteamine-induced duodenal ulcer in the rat. Exp. Toxicol. Pathol. 64: 373–377. , , , .
- 2012. Urinalysis is more specific and urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin is more sensitive for early detection of acute kidney injury. Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. doi: 10.1093/ndt/gfs127. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Treatment of acute renal failure. Kidney Int. 54: 1817–1831. .
- 2008. Serum biomarkers in a mouse model of bacterial-induced inflammatory bowel disease. Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 14: 480–490. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Mechanism of calcium oxalate renal stone formation and renal tubular cell injury. Int. J. Urol. 15: 115–120. .
- 2006. Urinary kidney injury molecule-1: a sensitive quantitative biomarker for early detection of kidney tubular injury. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 290: F517–529. , , , , .
- 2007. Renal L-type fatty acid--binding protein in acute ischemic injury. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 18: 2894–2902. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .