How to cite this article: Al-Hajjar M, Fisher J, Williams S, Tipper JL, Jennings LM. 2013. Effect of femoral head size on the wear of metal on metal bearings in total hip replacements under adverse edge-loading conditions. J Biomed Mater Res Part B 2013:101B:213–222.
Effect of femoral head size on the wear of metal on metal bearings in total hip replacements under adverse edge-loading conditions†
Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials
Volume 101B, Issue 2, pages 213–222, February 2013
How to Cite
Al-Hajjar, M., Fisher, J., Williams, S., Tipper, J. L. and Jennings, L. M. (2013), Effect of femoral head size on the wear of metal on metal bearings in total hip replacements under adverse edge-loading conditions. J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 101B: 213–222. doi: 10.1002/jbm.b.32824
- Issue online: 8 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 24 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 FEB 2012
- Orthopaedic Research UK (ORUK), the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR), Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit (LMBRU), NIHR LMBRU, WELMEC Wellcome Trust, Technology Strategy Board, EPSRC, BBSRC
- EPSRC. Grant Number: WT088908/z/09/z
- 31In vivo comparison of hip separation after metal-on-metal or metal-on-polyethylene total hip arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am A 2002; 84: 1836–1841., , , , .
- 34Effect of cup inclination angle during microseparation and rim loading on the wear of BIOLOX(R) delta ceramic-on-ceramic total hip replacement. J Biomed Mater Res Part B: Appl Biomater 2010; 95: 263–268., , , , , .
- 42Effect of bearing size on the long-term wear, wear debris, and ion levels of large diameter metal-on-metal hip replacements—An in vitro study. J Biomed Mater Res Part B: Appl Biomater 2008; 87: 163–172., , , , , , .
- 44The 2007 Otto Aufranc Award. Ceramic-on-metal hip arthroplasties: a comparative in vitro and in vivo study. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2007; 465: 23–32., , , , , , , .
- 45The effect of diametrical clearance on wear between head and cup for metal on metal articulations. Proceedings of the Transactions of the 42nd Orthopaedic Research Society. San Francisco: Wiley; 1997. p 71., .
- 46Effect of Acetabular Cup Orientation and Design on the Contact Mechanics and Range of Motion of Metal-on-Metal Hip Resurfacing Prostheses. Long Beach, CA: Wiley; 2011., , , , .