Wear of novel ceramic-on-ceramic bearings under adverse and clinically relevant hip simulator conditions
Article first published online: 7 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials
Volume 101, Issue 8, pages 1456–1462, November 2013
How to Cite
How to cite this article: 2013. Wear of novel ceramic-on-ceramic bearings under adverse and clinically relevant hip simulator conditions. J Biomed Mater Res Part B 2013:101B:1456–1462., , , , , .
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2012
- Mathys Orthopädie GmbH, Moersdorf, Germany
- NIHR Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit (LMBRU) (to J. F.)
- Centre of Excellence in Medical Engineering funded by WELMEC Wellcome Trust and EPSRC (to J. F.). Grant Number: WT088908/z/09/z
- IKCRTD Innovation and Knowledge Centre in Regenerative Therapies and Devices funded by Technology Strategy Board, EPSRC and BBSRC (to J. F.)
- 5Friction of Total Hip Replacements With Different Bearings and Loading Conditions, Volume 81B. Wiley Subscription Services, Inc., A Wiley Company; 2007. pp 508–515., , , , .
- 6Ceramic femoral head fractures in total hip arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res 1996;328:129–136., .
- 10Pseudotumours associated with metal-onmetal hip resurfacings. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2008;90B:847–851., , , , , , , , , .
- 11Ex vivo and in vitro analysis of the alumina/alumina bearing system for hip joint prostheses. Bioceramics 1997;10:127–130., , .
- 19Nine years follow-up of 100 ceramic-on-ceramic total hip arthroplasty. Int Orthop 2010:1–6., , , , .
- 30Investigations of the mechanical properties of an alumina toughened zirconia ceramic for an application in joint prostheses. Bioceramics 2005; 284–286:1019–1022., , .
- 31Tribological behaviour of an alumina toughened zirconia ceramic for an application in joint prostheses. Bioceramics 2006;309–311(Pts 1 and 2):1261–1264., , .
- 32Characteristic properties of a new dispersion ceramic. Bioceramics 2007;330–332:1207–1210., , .
- 33Luxation test of different ceramic on ceramic couplings. Bioceramics 2007;330–332:1235–1238., , , .
- 36Effect of Head Size on Wear in Metal-on-Metal Bearings in THRs under Steep Cup Inclination Angle and Adverse Edge Loading and Microseparation Conditions. Long Beach, California, USA; 2011., , , .
- 38Bioengineering reasons for the failure of metal-on-metal hip prostheses: an engineer's perspective. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2011;93:1001..
- 41Wear and biological activity of highly crosslinked polyethylene in the hip under low serum protein concentrations. Proc Inst Mech Eng [H] 2007;221(H1):1–10., , , , , , .