Wear of novel ceramic-on-ceramic bearings under adverse and clinically relevant hip simulator conditions
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Authors Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials
Volume 101, Issue 8, pages 1456–1462, November 2013
How to Cite
How to cite this article: 2013. Wear of novel ceramic-on-ceramic bearings under adverse and clinically relevant hip simulator conditions. J Biomed Mater Res Part B 2013:101B:1456–1462., , , , , .
- Issue online: 22 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2012
- Mathys Orthopädie GmbH, Moersdorf, Germany
- NIHR Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit (LMBRU) (to J. F.)
- Centre of Excellence in Medical Engineering funded by WELMEC Wellcome Trust and EPSRC (to J. F.). Grant Number: WT088908/z/09/z
- IKCRTD Innovation and Knowledge Centre in Regenerative Therapies and Devices funded by Technology Strategy Board, EPSRC and BBSRC (to J. F.)
- 5Friction of Total Hip Replacements With Different Bearings and Loading Conditions, Volume 81B. Wiley Subscription Services, Inc., A Wiley Company; 2007. pp 508–515., , , , .
- 11Ex vivo and in vitro analysis of the alumina/alumina bearing system for hip joint prostheses. Bioceramics 1997;10:127–130., , .
- 30Investigations of the mechanical properties of an alumina toughened zirconia ceramic for an application in joint prostheses. Bioceramics 2005; 284–286:1019–1022., , .
- 31Tribological behaviour of an alumina toughened zirconia ceramic for an application in joint prostheses. Bioceramics 2006;309–311(Pts 1 and 2):1261–1264., , .
- 32Characteristic properties of a new dispersion ceramic. Bioceramics 2007;330–332:1207–1210., , .
- 33Luxation test of different ceramic on ceramic couplings. Bioceramics 2007;330–332:1235–1238., , , .
- 36Effect of Head Size on Wear in Metal-on-Metal Bearings in THRs under Steep Cup Inclination Angle and Adverse Edge Loading and Microseparation Conditions. Long Beach, California, USA; 2011., , , .