Previous fractures at multiple sites increase the risk for subsequent fractures: The global longitudinal study of osteoporosis in women
Version of Record online: 21 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 645–653, March 2012
How to Cite
Gehlbach, S., Saag, K. G., Adachi, J. D., Hooven, F. H., Flahive, J., Boonen, S., Chapurlat, R. D., Compston, J. E., Cooper, C., Díez-Perez, A., Greenspan, S. L., LaCroix, A. Z., Netelenbos, J. C., Pfeilschifter, J., Rossini, M., Roux, C., Sambrook, P. N., Silverman, S., Siris, E. S., Watts, N. B. and Lindsay, R. (2012), Previous fractures at multiple sites increase the risk for subsequent fractures: The global longitudinal study of osteoporosis in women. J Bone Miner Res, 27: 645–653. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.1476
- Issue online: 21 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 21 FEB 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 NOV 2011 09:52AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 24 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAR 2011
- 3on behalf of the World Health Organization Scientific Group. Assessment of osteoporosis at the primary health care level [Internet]. Sheffield, UK: WHO Collaborating Centre, University of Sheffield. 2008. Accessed March 21, 2011. Available at: http://www.shef.ac.uk/FRAX/.,
- 4National Osteoporosis Guideline Group (NOGG). Guideline for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and men from the age of 50 years in the UK. 2010. Accessed January 31, 2011. Available at: http://www.shef.ac.uk/NOGG/NOGG_Pocket_Guide_for_Healthcare_Professionals.pdf.
- 5US Department of Health and Human Services. Bone health and osteoporosis: a report of the Surgeon General. 2004. Accessed March 21, 2011. Available at: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/bonehealth/content.html.
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005–2006. Accessed March 21, 2011. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2005-2006/nhanes05_06.htm.
- 12How to score version 2 of the SF-36 Health Survey. Lincoln, RI: Quality Metric, Inc; 2000., ,