Cost-effectiveness of alendronate for the treatment of osteopenic postmenopausal women in Japan
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 395–403, February 2013
How to Cite
Moriwaki, K., Komaba, H., Noto, S., Yanagisawa, S., Takiguchi, T., Inoue, H., Toujo, T., Fukagawa, M. and Takahashi, H. E. (2013), Cost-effectiveness of alendronate for the treatment of osteopenic postmenopausal women in Japan. J Bone Miner Res, 28: 395–403. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.1755
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 SEP 2012 10:57AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 10 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 MAY 2012
- 1Assessment of fracture risk and its application to screening for postmenopausal osteoporosis. Report of a WHO Study Group. WHO Technical Report Series 843. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 1994.
- 7Cost-effectiveness of the treatment for osteoporosis. Nippon Rinsho. 2002;60:645–54. Japanese.
- 14Committee of Japanese Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis. The Japanese guidelines for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis (2011 edition). Tokyo, Japan: Life Science Publishing; Japanese. 2012.
- 17A comparison of hip fracture incidence among native Japanese, Japanese Americans, and American Caucasians. Am J Epidemiol. 1991;15:801–9., , , , , , ,
- 20Economic evaluation in health care: merging theory with practice. New York: Oxford University Press; 2001.,
- 26Japan Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare. Life table for Japanese [Internet]. Tokyo, Japan: Japan Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare; [cited 2012 Sep 17]. Available from: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/saikin/hw/life/20th/index.html. Japanese. 2005.
- 28Economical view-point for treatment of osteoporosis. Nippon Rinsho. 2007;65:609–14. Japanese.
- 30National Health Insurance Price List. Tokyo, Japan: Jihou Press; Japanese. 2010.
- 31Medical Fee Schedule. Tokyo, Japan: Igaku-tsushin-sya; Japanese. 2010.
- 33Reward for nursing care. Tokyo, Japan: Igaku-tsushin-sya; Japanese. 2009.
- 34EuroQol Study of the Elderly General Population: relationship with IADL and other attributes. Iryo To Shakai. 2000;10:75–86. Japanese., , ,
- 39FRAX WHO Fracture Risk Assessment Tool. Japan - The probabilities of a major osteoporotic fracture in women [Internet]. Sheffield, UK: World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Sheffield; [cited 2012 Sep 17]. Available from: http://www.shef.ac.uk/FRAX/charts/Chart_JAP_ost_wom_bmd.pdf.
- 42National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Guide to the Methods of Technology Appraisal [Internet]. London, UK: National Institute for Clinical Excellence; [cited 2012 Sep 17]. Available from: http://www.nice.org.uk/media/B52/A7/TAMethodsGuideUpdatedJune2008.pdf. 2008.
- 43Research for willingness to pay for one QALY gain. Iryo To Shakai. 2006;16:157–65. Japanese.,