For a Commentary on this article, please see McCloskey and Leslie (J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28:439-441. DOI: 10.1002/jbmr.1859).
Goal-directed treatment of osteoporosis†
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 433–438, March 2013
How to Cite
Cummings, S. R., Cosman, F., Eastell, R., Reid, I. R., Mehta, M. and Lewiecki, E. M. (2013), Goal-directed treatment of osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res, 28: 433–438. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.1854
- Issue published online: 15 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JAN 2013 01:35PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 14 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2012
- 10Larger increases in bone mineral density during alendronate therapy are associated with a lower risk of new vertebral fractures in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis. Fracture Intervention Trial Research Group. Arthritis Rheum. 1999;42:1246–54., , , , , , , ,
- 13Who is at highest risk for new vertebral fractures after 3 years of annual zoledronic acid and who should remain on treatment? Presented at: ASBMR 2011 Annual Meeting; September 16–20, 2011; San Diego, CA., , , , , ,
- 15Bone density testing intervals and common sense. Curr Ost Rep. 2012;10:217–20.,
- 18Relationship between changes in BMD and nonvertebral fracture incidence associated with risedronate: reduction in risk of nonvertebral fracture is not related to change in BMD. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:2097–104., , ,
- 20Relationship of changes in total hip bone mineral density to vertebral and nonvertebral fracture risk in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis treated with once-yearly zoledronic acid 5 mg: The HORIZON-Pivotal Fracture Trial (PFT). J Bone Miner Res. 2012;12:1627–34., , , , , ,
- 21Executive Summary, International Society for Clinical Densitometry Position Development Conference, Denver, Colorado, July 20–21, 2001. J Clin Dens. 2002;5(Suppl):S1–3., , , , ,
- 22What is the role of serial bone mineral density measurements in patient management?. J Clin Dens. 2002;5(Suppl):S29–38., ,
- 23Writing Group for the ISCD Position Development Conference. Technical standardization for dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. J Clin Dens. 2004;7:27–36.
- 25Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation. 2002;106:3143–21.