For a Commentary on this article, please see Brown (J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28:1256-1258. DOI: 10.1002/jbmr.1967).
Interruption or deferral of antiretroviral therapy reduces markers of bone turnover compared with continuous therapy: The SMART body composition substudy
Version of Record online: 21 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 28, Issue 6, pages 1264–1274, June 2013
How to Cite
Hoy, J., Grund, B., Roediger, M., Ensrud, K. E., Brar, I., Colebunders, R., Castro, N. D., Johnson, M., Sharma, A., Carr, A. and for the INSIGHT SMART Body Composition Substudy Group (2013), Interruption or deferral of antiretroviral therapy reduces markers of bone turnover compared with continuous therapy: The SMART body composition substudy. J Bone Miner Res, 28: 1264–1274. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.1861
Presented in part at the 13th International Workshop on Adverse Drug Reactions and Comorbidities in HIV, Rome, Italy, July 14–16, 2011.
- Issue online: 21 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JAN 2013 01:38PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 29 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 AUG 2012
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: U01AI042170, U01AI46362, U01-AI068641
- Clinical Trials.gov identifier. Grant Number: NCT00027352
- 7Decreased bone formative and enhanced resorptive markers in human immunodeficiency virus infection: indication of normalization of the bone-remodeling process during highly active antiretroviral therapy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999; 84(1):145–50., , , , , , ,
- 12Changes in bone biomarkers in ARV-naïve HIV+ men randomized to NVP/LPV/r or AZT/3TC/LPV/r help explain limited loss of bone mineral density over the first 12 months after ART initiation. 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI); February 27–March 2. 2011; Boston, MA., , , , , , , ,
- 17Regression modeling strategies: with applications to linear models, logistic regression, and survival analysis. New York: Springer; 2001.
- 18Team RDC. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing. 2012.
- 27HAART-induced immune reconstitution: a driving force behind bone resorption in HIV/AIDS. 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI); February 27–March 2. 2011; Boston, MA., , , , ,