Public clinical trial registration: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00982722. Vitamin D Supplementation After Successful Parathyroid Surgery for Primary Hyperparathyroidism.
Vitamin D Supplementation After Parathyroidectomy: Effect on Bone Mineral Density—A Randomized Double-Blind Study
Article first published online: 19 MAR 2014
© 2014 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 29, Issue 4, pages 960–967, April 2014
How to Cite
Norenstedt, S., Pernow, Y., Zedenius, J., Nordenström, J., Sääf, M., Granath, F. and Nilsson, I.-L. (2014), Vitamin D Supplementation After Parathyroidectomy: Effect on Bone Mineral Density—A Randomized Double-Blind Study. J Bone Miner Res, 29: 960–967. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.2102
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 19 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 SEP 2013 01:47AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 6 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 FEB 2013
- Novo Nordisk Foundation, Wiberg Foundation, Capio, Magn
- Bergvall Foundation, Fredrik and Ingrid Thuring Foundation, Karolinska Institutet
Additional Supporting Information may be found in the online version of this article.
|jbmr2102-sm-0001-SuppFigure-S1.docx||42K||Supplementary Figure 1. Delta BMD at different sites in patients with (1) and without (0) vitamin D insufficiency. Both groups increased significantly (p < 0.001) in the lumbar spine and total hip. Group 1 also increased BMD in the ultra distal forearm (p = 0.012). There were no significant differences in the median change in BMD between the two groups.|
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.