For a Commentary on this article, please see Bauer (J Bone Miner Res. 2014;29:531–533. DOI: 10.1002/jbmr.2184).
The Effects of 3 Years of Calcium Supplementation on Common Carotid Artery Intimal Medial Thickness and Carotid Atherosclerosis in Older Women: An Ancillary Study of the CAIFOS Randomized Controlled Trial
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2014
© 2014 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 534–541, March 2014
How to Cite
Lewis, J. R., Zhu, K., Thompson, P. L. and Prince, R. L. (2014), The Effects of 3 Years of Calcium Supplementation on Common Carotid Artery Intimal Medial Thickness and Carotid Atherosclerosis in Older Women: An Ancillary Study of the CAIFOS Randomized Controlled Trial. J Bone Miner Res, 29: 534–541. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.2117
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 OCT 2013 01:41PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 AUG 2013
- Healthway Health Promotion Foundation of Western Australia. Grant Numbers: 254627, 303169, 572604
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia
- Raine Medical Research Foundation Priming Grant
- 3Institute of Medicine. Dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine; 2011.
- 14ICPC PLUS for community health? A feasibility study. Health Inf Manage. 1997; 27(4):171–5., ,
- 15The Anti Cancer Council of Victoria FFQ: relative validity of nutrient intakes compared with weighed food records in young to middle-aged women in a study of iron supplementation. Aust N Z J Public Health. 2000; 24:576–83., , , ,
- 16Development of the Melbourne FFQ: a food frequency questionnaire for use in an Australian prospective study involving an ethnically diverse cohort. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 1994; 3:19–31., , , et al.
- 20World Health Organization. Manual of the international statistical classification of diseases, injuries, and causes of death: based on the recommendations of the ninth revision conference, 1975, and adopted by the twenty-ninth World Health Assembly. Geneva: World Health Organization 1975; p.2v.
- 27Calcium/vitamin D supplementation and coronary artery calcification in the Women's Health Initiative. Menopause. 2010; 17(4):683–91., , , et al.
- 30Calcium supplements and cardiovascular risk: 5 years on. Ther Adv Drug Safe. 2013; 4(5):199–210., ,