Odanacatib in the treatment of postmenopausal women with low bone mineral density: Three-year continued therapy and resolution of effect
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 26, Issue 2, pages 242–251, February 2011
How to Cite
Eisman, J. A., Bone, H. G., Hosking, D. J., McClung, M. R., Reid, I. R., Rizzoli, R., Resch, H., Verbruggen, N., Hustad, C. M., DaSilva, C., Petrovic, R., Santora, A. C., Ince, B. A. and Lombardi, A. (2011), Odanacatib in the treatment of postmenopausal women with low bone mineral density: Three-year continued therapy and resolution of effect. J Bone Miner Res, 26: 242–251. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.212
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 AUG 2010 04:10PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 24 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAR 2010
- 1National Osteoporosis Foundation. America's bone health: the state of osteoporosis and low bone mass in our nation, 2002. Available at http://nof.org/advocacy/prevalence/index.htm; accessed September 23, 2009.
- 3Effect of one year treatment with the cathepsin-K inhibitor, balicatib, on bone mineral density (BMD) in postmenopausal women with osteopenia/osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21 (Suppl 1): S24., , , et al.
- 4Effect of three month treatment with the cathepsin-K inhibitor, balicatib, on biochemical markers of bone turnover in postmenopausal women: evidence for uncoupling of bone resorption and bone formation. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21 (Suppl 1): S59., , , ,
- 7Effect of the cathepsin K inhibitor odanacatib on bone resorption biomarkers in healthy postmenopausal women: two double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase I studies. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;86:175–182., , , et al.
- 22Significant differential effects of alendronate, estrogen, or combination therapy on the rate of bone loss after discontinuation of treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2002;137:875–883., , , et al.