Parts of the article were presented at the 31st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, Denver, CO, September 11–15, 2009, and the IOF World Congress on Osteoporosis & 10th European Congress on Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis, Florence, Italy, May 5–8, 2010.
Inhibition of sclerostin by monoclonal antibody enhances bone healing and improves bone density and strength of nonfractured bones†
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 26, Issue 5, pages 1012–1021, May 2011
How to Cite
Ominsky, M. S., Li, C., Li, X., Tan, H. L., Lee, E., Barrero, M., Asuncion, F. J., Dwyer, D., Han, C.-Y., Vlasseros, F., Samadfam, R., Jolette, J., Smith, S. Y., Stolina, M., Lacey, D. L., Simonet, W. S., Paszty, C., Li, G. and Ke, H. Z. (2011), Inhibition of sclerostin by monoclonal antibody enhances bone healing and improves bone density and strength of nonfractured bones. J Bone Miner Res, 26: 1012–1021. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.307
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 DEC 2010 08:26AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 13 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Received: 4 AUG 2010
- 1Skeletal healing. In: Rosen CJ, ed. Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism. Washington, DC: American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, 2008: 61–65.,
- 3Clinical applications of recombinant human BMPs: early experience and future development. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003;85:S82–88.
- 4Use of bone morphogenetic proteins for musculoskeletal applications: an overview. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004;86:S41–55., , , et al.
- 28The epidemiology of fractures. In: Bucholz RW, Heckman JD, Court-Brown CM, eds. Rockwood and Green's Fractures in Adults. Philadelphia, PA, USA: Lippincott, 2006: 96–143.,
- 33Intermittently administered human parathyroid hormone(1-34) treatment increases intracortical bone turnover and porosity without reducing bone strength in the humerus of ovariectomized cynomolgus monkeys. J Bone Miner Res. 2001;16:157–165., , , et al.