Individual trabeculae segmentation (ITS)–based morphological analysis of high-resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomography images detects abnormal trabecular plate and rod microarchitecture in premenopausal women with idiopathic osteoporosis
Article first published online: 2 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 25, Issue 7, pages 1496–1505, July 2010
How to Cite
Liu, X. S., Cohen, A., Shane, E., Stein, E., Rogers, H., Kokolus, S. L., Yin, P. T., McMahon, D. J., Lappe, J. M., Recker, R. R. and Guo, X. E. (2010), Individual trabeculae segmentation (ITS)–based morphological analysis of high-resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomography images detects abnormal trabecular plate and rod microarchitecture in premenopausal women with idiopathic osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res, 25: 1496–1505. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.50
- Issue published online: 30 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 2 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 26 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUN 2009
- 1NIH Consensus Development Panel on Osteoporosis Prevention. Consensus Development Conference Report: Prophylaxis and treatment of osteoporosis. Osteoporosis Int. 1991; 1: 114–117.
- 9Premenopausal osteoporosis. In: RosenCJ, ed. Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Other Disorders of Bone and MIneral Metabolism 7th ed., Washington, D.C., USA: American Society for Bone and Mineral Research; 2008: 289–293., .
- 15Clinical use of bone mass measurements in adults for the assessment and management of osteoporosis. In: FavusMJ, ed. Primer on the Metabolic Bone Disease and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism. 6th ed. Washington DC: American Society for Bone and Mineral Research; 2006: pp. 150–161..
- 20Alterations of cortical and trabecular architecture are associated with fractures in postmenopausal women, partially independent of decreased BMD measured by DXA: the OFELY study. J Bone Miner Res. 2007; 22: 425–433., , , .
- 27Complete volumetric decomposition of individual trabecular plates and rods and its morphological correlations with anisotropic elastic moduli in human trabecular bone. J Bone Miner Res. 2008; 23: 223–235., , , et al.
- 42Numerical Recipes in Fortran. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press; 1992., , , .
- 45Individual trabeculae segmentation based morphological analyses of registered HR-pQCT and µCT Images of human tibial bone. Trans Orthop Res Soc. 2009; 34: 2142., , , , , .