MaryFran Sowers, deceased.
Bone mineral density loss in relation to the final menstrual period in a multiethnic cohort: Results from the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN)
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2012 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 111–118, January 2012
How to Cite
Greendale, G. A., Sowers, M., Han, W., Huang, M.-H., Finkelstein, J. S., Crandall, C. J., Lee, J. S. and Karlamangla, A. S. (2012), Bone mineral density loss in relation to the final menstrual period in a multiethnic cohort: Results from the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN). J Bone Miner Res, 27: 111–118. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.534
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 OCT 2011 09:58AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 22 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUL 2011
- 10SWAN: a multicenter, multiethnic, community-based cohort study of women and the menopausal transition. In: Lobo RA, Kelsey J, Marcus R, eds. Menopause biology and pathobiology. San Diego, CA: Academic Press, 2000. p. 175–88., , , et al.
- 14A unitary model for involutional osteoporosis: estrogen deficiency causes both type I and type II osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and contributes to bone loss in aging men. J Bone Miner Res. 1998 May; 13(5): 763–73., ,