Estimates of the proportion of older white men who would be recommended for pharmacologic treatment by the new US national osteoporosis foundation guidelines
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 25, Issue 7, pages 1506–1511, July 2010
How to Cite
Donaldson, M. G., Cawthon, P. M., Lui, L. Y., Schousboe, J. T., Ensrud, K. E., Taylor, B. C., Cauley, J. A., Hillier, T. A., Dam, T. T., Curtis, J. R., Black, D. M., Bauer, D. C., Orwoll, E. S. and Cummings, S. R. (2010), Estimates of the proportion of older white men who would be recommended for pharmacologic treatment by the new US national osteoporosis foundation guidelines. J Bone Miner Res, 25: 1506–1511. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.55
- Issue published online: 30 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 5 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUL 2009
- 1National Osteoporosis Foundation. Clinician's Guide to Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis. Washington, DC: National Osteoporosis Foundation, 2008.
- 2World Health Organisation. FRAX: WHO Fracture Risk Assessment Tool. Geneva: WHO, 2008.
- 4Distribution and rate of clinical fracture in older men without osteoporosis: the Osteoporotic Fractures in Men Study (MrOS). J Bone Miner Res. 2008; 23: S79., , , et al.