Role of the extracellular matrix in prostate carcinogenesis
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
Volume 91, Issue 1, pages 36–40, 1 January 2004
How to Cite
Nagle, R. B. (2004), Role of the extracellular matrix in prostate carcinogenesis. J. Cell. Biochem., 91: 36–40. doi: 10.1002/jcb.10692
- Issue published online: 15 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Received: 18 AUG 2003
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: PO1 CA 56666
- extracellular matrix;
- collagen IV
This review summarizes the current state of knowledge regarding the proteins composing the extracellular matrix in the human prostate. The normal expression as well as the changes which occur in PIN and carcinoma are described for the lamins, collagens, and glycosaminoglycans. © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.