Nuclear phosphoinositide kinases and inositol phospholipids
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
Volume 97, Issue 2, pages 252–260, 1 February 2006
How to Cite
Gonzales, M. L. and Anderson, R. A. (2006), Nuclear phosphoinositide kinases and inositol phospholipids. J. Cell. Biochem., 97: 252–260. doi: 10.1002/jcb.20655
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2005
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: GM51986 (to RAA)
- 1998. Localization of two forms of phospholipase C-beta1, a and b, in C6Bu-1 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1389: 76–80. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Nuclear diacylglycerol is increased during cell proliferation in vivo. Biochem J 290(Pt 3): 633–636. , , , .
- 1998. Phosphoinositide signaling pathways in nuclei are associated with nuclear speckles containing pre-mRNA processing factors. Mol Biol Cell 9: 3547–3560. , , , .
- 2000. Nuclear targeting of the beta isoform of type II phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase (phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate 4-kinase) by its alpha-helix 7. Biochem J 346(Pt 3): 587–591. , , , .
- 2003. Lipid signaling: Picking out the PIPs. Curr Biol 13: R815–817. .
- 2001. Inositol lipids are regulated during cell cycle progression in the nuclei of murine erythroleukaemia cells. Biochem J 357: 905–910. , , , , , .
- 1987. Synthesis of polyphosphoinositides in nuclei of Friend cells. Evidence for polyphosphoinositide metabolism inside the nucleus which changes with cell differentiation. Biochem J 248: 765–770. , , , , , .
- 2002. Nuclear localization of phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase beta. J Cell Sci 115: 1769–1775. , , , , , .
- 2003. SHIP-2 and PTEN are expressed and active in vascular smooth muscle cell nuclei, but only SHIP-2 is associated with nuclear speckles. J Biol Chem 278: 38884–38891. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase c2alpha contains a nuclear localization sequence and associates with nuclear speckles. J Biol Chem 276: 48135–48142. , .
- 1991. The polyphosphoinositide cycle exists in the nuclei of Swiss 3T3 cells under the control of a receptor (for IGF-I) in the plasma membrane, and stimulation of the cycle increases nuclear diacylglycerol and apparently induces translocation of protein kinase C to the nucleus. Embo J 10: 3207–3214. , , .
- 1995. Changes in the components of a nuclear inositide cycle during differentiation in murine erythroleukaemia cells. Biochem J 312(Pt 1): 63–67. , , , , .
- 2002. Type I PIPkinases interact with and are regulated by the retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product-pRB. Curr Biol 12: 582–587. , , , , , .
- 2003. Upregulation of nuclear PLCbeta1 in myogenic differentiation. J Cell Physiol 195: 446–452. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Different HATS of the ING1 gene family. Trends Cell Biol 12: 532–538. , , .
- 2000. Localization of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in yeast and mammalian cells. Embo J 19: 4577–4588. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The PHD finger of the chromatin-associated protein ING2 functions as a nuclear phosphoinositide receptor. Cell 114: 99–111. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Back in the water: The return of the inositol phosphates. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2: 327–338. , .
- 1996. A new phospholipase C delta 4 is induced at S-phase of the cell cycle and appears in the nucleus. J Biol Chem 271: 355–360. , , , .
- 1998. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase in rat liver nuclei. Biochemistry 37: 5738–5745. , , , , , .
- 2005. Nuclear phospholipase C-beta1b activation during G2/M and late G1 phase in nocodazole-synchronized HL-60 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1733: 148–156. , , , .
- 1997. Essential role for nuclear phospholipase C beta1 in insulin-like growth factor I-induced mitogenesis. Cancer Res 57: 2137–2139. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Nuclear phospholipase C: Involvement in signal transduction. Prog Lipid Res 44: 185–206. , , , , , .
- 1994. Phosphoinositide signaling in nuclei of Friend cells: Phospholipase C beta down-regulation is related to cell differentiation. Cancer Res 54: 2536–2540. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Agonists cause nuclear translocation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gamma. A Gbetagamma-dependent pathway that requires the p110gamma amino terminus. J Biol Chem 274: 27943–27947. , , , .
- 1998. Nuclear diacylglycerol produced by phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C is responsible for nuclear translocation of protein kinase C-alpha. J Biol Chem 273: 29738–29744. , , , .
- 1999a. Monocytic differentiation of HL-60 cells is characterized by the nuclear translocation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and of definite phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C isoforms. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 259: 314–320. , , , .
- 1999b. Increase in nuclear phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity and phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5) trisphosphate synthesis precede PKC-zeta translocation to the nucleus of NGF-treated PC12 cells. Faseb J 13: 2299–2310. , , , , , .
- 2001. Nuclear PtdIns(4,5)P2 assembles in a mitotically regulated particle involved in pre-mRNA splicing. J Cell Sci 114: 2501–2511. , , , .
- 2000. Structure of the PHD zinc finger from human Williams-Beuren syndrome transcription factor. J Mol Biol 304: 723–729. , , , .
- 1992. A differential location of phosphoinositide kinases, diacylglycerol kinase, and phospholipase C in the nuclear matrix. J Biol Chem 267: 5078–5084. , , , , , .
- 2000. Searching for a function for nuclear actin. Trends Cell Biol 10: 92–97. , , .
- 2002. Phosphatidylinositol-dependent actin filament binding by the SWI/SNF-like BAF chromatin remodeling complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99: 2824–2829. , , , .
- 2005. Effects of lipid kinase expression and cellular stimuli on phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate levels in mammalian cell lines. FEBS Lett 579: 2868–2872. , , , , .
- 1983. Phosphorylation of rat liver nuclear envelopes II. Characterization of in vitro lipid phosphorylation. J Biol Chem 258: 9368–9373. , .
- 1998. Overexpression of phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase Cgamma in NIH 3T3 cells promotes transformation and tumorigenicity. Carcinogenesis 19: 177–185. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Nuclear domains. J Cell Sci 114: 2891–2893. .
- 2005. Nuclear translocation of phospholipase C-delta1 is linked to the cell cycle and nuclear phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate. J Biol Chem 280: 22060–22069. , , , .
- 1997. A role for nuclear phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C in the G2/M phase transition. J Biol Chem 272: 26313–26317. , , .
- 1996. BetaII protein kinase C is required for the G2/M phase transition of cell cycle. J Biol Chem 271: 15045–15053. , .
- 1997. Metabolism and possible compartmentalization of inositol lipids in isolated rat-liver nuclei. Biochem J 327(Pt 2): 569–576. , , , .
- 2003. Nuclear phosphoinositide 3-kinase C2beta activation during G2/M phase of the cell cycle in HL-60 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1631: 61–71. , , , , , .
- 2002. Subcellular localization of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate using the pleckstrin homology domain of phospholipase C delta1. Biochem J 363: 657–666. , , , , .
- 2003. The N-terminal 24 amino acids of the p55 gamma regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase binds Rb and induces cell cycle arrest. Mol Cell Biol 23: 1717–1725. , , , .
- 2001a. Phosphorylation of nuclear phospholipase C beta1 by extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediates the mitogenic action of insulin-like growth factor I. Mol Cell Biol 21: 2981–2990. , , , , , , .
- 2001b. Protein kinase C alpha-mediated negative feedback regulation is responsible for the termination of insulin-like growth factor I-induced activation of nuclear phospholipase C beta1 in Swiss 3T3 cells. J Biol Chem 276: 14980–14986. , , , .
- 2000. Pike. A nuclear gtpase that enhances PI3kinase activity and is regulated by protein 4.1N. Cell 103: 919–930. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Phospholipase C gamma 1 is a physiological guanine nucleotide exchange factor for the nuclear GTPase PIKE. Nature 415: 541–544. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate reverses the inhibition of RNA transcription caused by histone H1. Eur J Biochem 251: 281–287. , , , , .
- 1998. Rapid and phosphoinositol-dependent binding of the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex to chromatin after T lymphocyte receptor signaling. Cell 95: 625–636. , , , , , , .