Comment on Wesieska-Gadek et al. “Roscovitine Up-Regulates p53 Protein and Induces Apoptosis in Human HeLaS3 Cervix Carcinoma Cells”.
Activation of p53 for the treatment of cancer†
Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
Volume 107, Issue 4, pages 567–568, 1 July 2009
How to Cite
Chen, J. and Huang, X.-F. (2009), Activation of p53 for the treatment of cancer. J. Cell. Biochem., 107: 567–568. doi: 10.1002/jcb.22187
- Issue online: 23 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 2009
- 2007. Medicinal importance of fungal beta-(1–>3), (1–>6)-glucans. Mycol Res 111: 635–652. , .
- 2008. Double-edged swords as cancer therapeutics: Simultaneously targeting p53 and NF-kappaB pathways. Nat Rev Drug Discov 7: 1031–1040. , , .
- 2008. Pleurotus ostreatus inhibits proliferation of human breast and colon cancer cells through p53-dependent as well as p53-independent pathway. Int J Oncol 33: 1307–1313. , .
- 1993. Human papillomavirus 16 E6 expression disrupts the p53-mediated cellular response to DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90: 3988–3992. , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. p53 status and the efficacy of cancer therapy in vivo. Science 266: 807–810. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Antrodia camphorata extract induces replicative senescence in superficial TCC, and inhibits the absolute migration capability in invasive bladder carcinoma cells. J Ethnopharmacol 109: 93–103. , , , , , .
- 2007. TP53 mutations in human cancers: Functional selection and impact on cancer prognosis and outcomes. Oncogene 26: 2157–2165. , , , , .
- 2009. Molecular mechanism of diallyl disulfide in cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in HCT-116 colon cancer cells. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 23: 71–79. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Shaping genetic alterations in human cancer: The p53 mutation paradigm. Cancer Cell 12: 303–312. , .
- 2008. The genetics of the p53 pathway, apoptosis and cancer therapy. Nat Rev Drug Discov 7: 979–987. , , , .
- 1997. Homologous regions of Fen1 and p21Cip1 compete for binding to the same site on PCNA: A potential mechanism to co-ordinate DNA replication and repair. Oncogene 14: 2313–2321. , , , .
- 2008. Roscovitine up-regulates p53 protein and induces apoptosis in human HeLaS(3) cervix carcinoma cells. J Cell Biochem 105: 1161–1171. , , , , , .