Competing interests: The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Reversine promotes porcine muscle derived stem cells (PMDSCs) differentiation into female germ-like cells†
Article first published online: 9 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
Volume 113, Issue 12, pages 3629–3642, December 2012
How to Cite
Lv, X., Zhu, H., Bai, Y., Chu, Z., Hu, Y., Cao, H., Liu, C., He, X., Peng, S., Gao, Z., Yang, C. and Hua, J. (2012), Reversine promotes porcine muscle derived stem cells (PMDSCs) differentiation into female germ-like cells. J. Cell. Biochem., 113: 3629–3642. doi: 10.1002/jcb.24296
- Issue published online: 9 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 9 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 JUL 2012 09:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2012
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 30972097, 31101775
- Key Program of State Education Ministry. Grant Number: 109148
- Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University. Grant Number: NCET-09-0654
- Program of Shannxi Provience. Grant Number: 2011K02-06
- The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities. Grant Number: QN2011012
- MUSCLE-DERIVED SATELLITE CELLS (MDSCs);
- CELL REPROGRAMMING;
A small molecular chemical-Reversine has been shown to promote cell reprogramming and induce dedifferentiation of multiple terminally differentiated mesodermal origin cells, and then differentiate into other cell types within mesodermal lineages as well as neuroectodermal. However, the possibilities of these cells to give rise to germ cell lineages have not been examined. The objective of the current study was to detect the effect of Reversine on PMDSCs differentiation into germ cells. PMDSCs from fetal porcine skeletal muscle and their potential of differentiation into germ cells in vitro were investigated. The phenotype, proliferation potential, characteristic markers of the first adhesion cells (pp1), and the purified 2 times cells (pp3) were analyzed by growth curve, FACS, and RT-PCR, respectively. Then, the purified cells were induced with 10% or 20% bovine follicular fluid (FF), the results showed that some of the induced pp3 cells were similar as porcine oocyte, and expressed germ cell and oocyte markers analyzed by semi-quantitative RT-PCR and immunofluorescent staining. Reversine clearly increased the potentiality of PMDSCs differentiation into large round germ-like cells in FF induction medium analyzed by morpholgogy, QRT-PCR and immunofluoresce. The BrdU labeled PMDSCs might differentiate into female germ-like cells in recipient's kidney capsule, which were positive for germ cell and meiotic markers (Dazl, Vasa, Figla, Stra8, Scp3) and oocyte markers (Zp2, Zp3). These findings provided an efficient model to study the mechanism of cell proliferation and germ cell differentiation in livestock promoted by Reversine. J. Cell. Biochem. 113: 3629–3642, 2012. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.