Distinctive Subcellular Akt-1 Responses to Shear Stress in Endothelial Cells
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
Volume 115, Issue 1, pages 121–129, January 2014
How to Cite
Melchior, B. and Frangos, J. A. (2014), Distinctive Subcellular Akt-1 Responses to Shear Stress in Endothelial Cells. J. Cell. Biochem., 115: 121–129. doi: 10.1002/jcb.24639
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 AUG 2013 10:28AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 APR 2013
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, MERIT Award. Grant Number: R37-HL-040696
Additional supporting information may be found in the online version of this article at the publisher's web-site.
|jcb24639-sm-0001-SuppData-S1.tif||16892K||Fig. S1. Flow-induced GSK-3β activation is mediated by Akt-1 activation. A: Akt-1 and GSK-3β alike were activated after 5 min of step flow in HUVEC. Akt-1 inhibitor VIII inhibited flow-induced Akt-1 phosphorylation at S473 (B) and 80% of flow-induced GSK-3β after a 5 min step flow (C).|
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.