PLCγ2 and PKC Are Important to Myeloid Lineage Commitment Triggered by M-SCF and G-CSF
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
Volume 115, Issue 1, pages 42–51, January 2014
How to Cite
Barbosa, C. M. V., Bincoletto, C., Barros, C. C., Ferreira, A. T. and Paredes-Gamero, E. J. (2014), PLCγ2 and PKC Are Important to Myeloid Lineage Commitment Triggered by M-SCF and G-CSF. J. Cell. Biochem., 115: 42–51. doi: 10.1002/jcb.24653
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 AUG 2013 07:22AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUL 2013
- “Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo” (FAPESP). Grant Number: 2007/58589-9
- 2011. Differentiation of hematopoietic stem cell and myeloid populations by ATP is modulated by cytokines. Cell Death Dis 2:e165. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Inositol trisphosphate and calcium signalling mechanisms. Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:933–940. .
- 1984. Inositol trisphosphate, a novel second messenger in cellular signal transduction. Nature 312:315–321. , .
- 2000. Early events in M-CSF receptor signaling. Growth Factors 17:155–166. , .
- 2008. Src-family kinases play an essential role in differentiation signaling downstream of macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptors mediating persistent phosphorylation of phospholipase C-gamma2 and MAP kinases ERK1 and ERK2. Leukemia 22:161–169. , , , , .
- 2007. An emerging role for Ca2+/calcineurin/NFAT signaling in cancerogenesis. Cell Cycle 6:16–19. , .
- 1998. Evidence for IL-12-activated Ca2+ and tyrosine signaling pathways in human neutrophils. J Immunol 161:3737–3745. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Integration of calcium and Ras signalling. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3:339–348. , .
- 1977. Conditions controlling the proliferation of haemopoietic stem cells in vitro. J Cell Physiol 91:335–344. , , .
- 2009. Tight control of MEK-ERK activation is essential in regulating proliferation, survival and cytokine production of CD34+ derived neutrophil progenitors. Blood 114:3402–3412. , , , , , .
- 2009. MAPK signaling pathways in the regulation of hematopoiesis. J Leukoc Biol 86:237–250. , .
- 2007. Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK)/extracellular signal regulated kinase (ERK) signaling pathway is involved in myeloid lineage commitment. Blood 110:1420–1428. , , .
- 2004. Single cell profiling of potentiated phospho-protein networks in cancer cells. Cell 118:217–228. , , , , , , .
- 2009. M-CSF elevates c-Fos and phospho-C/EBPalpha(S21) via ERK whereas G-CSF stimulates SHP2 phosphorylation in marrow progenitors to contribute to myeloid lineage specification. Blood 114:2172–2180. , , .
- 2005. Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV regulates hematopoietic stem cell maintenance. J Biol Chem 280:33101–33108. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Characterization of the murine immunological signaling network with phosphospecific flow cytometry. J Immunol 175:2366–2373. , , .
- 2011. Requirement for PLCgamma2 in IL-3 and GM-CSF-stimulated MEK/ERK phosphorylation in murine and human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. J Cell Physiol 226:1780–1792. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Signal transduction pathways that contribute to myeloid differentiation. Leukemia 21:1363–1377. , .
- 2011. Alpha-Tocopherol induces hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell expansion and ERK1/2-mediated differentiation. J Leukoc Biol 90:1111–1117. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Defective thymocyte maturation in p44 MAP kinase (Erk 1) knockout mice. Science 286:1374–1377. , , , , , , , .
- 2012. Calcium signaling as a regulator of hematopoiesis. Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 4:1375–1384. , , .
- 2008. Changes in intracellular Ca2+ levels induced by cytokines and P2 agonists differentially modulate proliferation or commitment with macrophage differentiation in murine hematopoietic cells. J Biol Chem 283:31909–31919. , , , , .
- 1994. Erythropoietin induces tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of phospholipase C-gamma 1 in a human erythropoietin-dependent cell line. J Biol Chem 269:19633–19638. , , , , .
- 2003. A role for Wnt signalling in self-renewal of haematopoietic stem cells. Nature 423:409–414. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Transcription factors in myeloid development: Balancing differentiation with transformation. Nat Rev Immunol 7:105–117. , .
- 2004. Erythropoietin-modulated calcium influx through TRPC2 is mediated by phospholipase Cgamma and IP3R. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C1667–C1678. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Activation of the MAP kinase pathway by c-Kit is PI-3 kinase dependent in hematopoietic progenitor/stem cell lines. Blood 104:51–57. , , , , .
- 2000. Regulation of granulopoiesis by transcription factors and cytokine signals. Leukemia 14:973–990. , , , , .
- 2000. Stem cells: Units of development, units of regeneration, and units in evolution. Cell 100:157–168. .
- 1988. Interleukin 3 stimulates proliferation via protein kinase C activation without increasing inositol lipid turnover. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85:3284–3288. , , , , , .
- 2006. NFAT induces breast cancer cell invasion by promoting the induction of cyclooxygenase-2. J Biol Chem 281:12210–12217. , .