Contract grant sponsor: NSFC; contract grant number: 11271042.
Mutually Disjoint 5-Designs and 5-Spontaneous Emission Error Designs from Extremal Ternary Self-Dual Codes
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Combinatorial Designs
Volume 23, Issue 2, pages 78–89, January 2015
How to Cite
Fang, J. and Chang, Y. (2015), Mutually Disjoint 5-Designs and 5-Spontaneous Emission Error Designs from Extremal Ternary Self-Dual Codes. J. Combin. Designs, 23: 78–89. doi: 10.1002/jcd.21391
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 30 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAY 2013
- NSFC. Grant Number: 11271042
- spontaneous emission error design;
- ternary self-dual code;
- mutually disjoint 5-designMathematical Subject Classification: 05B05;
It is known that extremal ternary self-dual codes of length mod 12) yield 5-designs. Previously, mutually disjoint 5-designs were constructed by using single known generator matrix of bordered double circulant ternary self-dual codes (see [1, 2]). In this paper, a number of generator matrices of bordered double circulant extremal ternary self-dual codes are searched with the aid of computer. Using these codes we give many mutually disjoint 5-designs. As a consequence, a list of 5-spontaneous emission error designs are obtained.